• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Crash Corrupted footage, vid wont playback but audio will?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even sure what caused the crash. Pr crashes so much to begin with I'm about used to it. Anyway...

Specs: Lenovo Legion y7000 -- 8th gen i7 -- 16gb -- nvidia geforce gtx 1060 -- Pr 13.1.1 -- Windows 10 -- toshiba 1T ext hard -- 1920 x 1080 -- 120fps

I initially started a project in the last version of Premiere. I tried finishing it in that version but the lag became so bad I figured it might be from not updating yet. I update to 13.1.1 and the project works fine. Made some progress but no issues yet. I then add an mp3 file I downloaded using the flvto converter which I havent had problems with before or heard anything. I already had one mp3 track laid  down but when I added this one I noticed some lag. I started getting worse and quickly went to a black screen. After awhile one frame would load but when you attempt playback the screen goes black and only audio plays. Right after the project crashed. Now when I try to use previous saves or even create a new project using that footage I have the same issue except no crashing. Other footage works just fine.

Someone pls let me know if you have solved this problem before, just want to finish this project!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so sorry for the issue with application crash, PhotoJames. It seems like the project file or media cache are partially corrupted after crash.

Have you tried clearing all old media cache? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Also, create a new project, import the old project file into new project and see if it fixes the issue.

Please let us know the status after testing.

Thanks, 

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response,

Well I cleared the cache and loaded into a new project and that initially worked. I was able to edit for a bit before Pr completely froze up. I can use other applications but Pr will not log any action or even crash. Going to try and restart my laptop and see if it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know the status after the restart, PhotoJames.

Also, run the application as an administrator using the steps in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply,

So after rolling back to 13.1.1 everything is running smoothly. However, I know have to clear media cache everytime before loading my project to keep avoiding the issue.

Any clue as to why?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I followed the directions to permanently run as administrator through the properties and premiere pro wouldnt launch. After un-selecting "Run as Administrator" the program would launch again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing to consider is that Pr can be wonky with mp3 audio. It is vastly more stable with wav files so a quick conversion of the audio to wav might help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines