• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple and Green Videos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My videos act extremely strangely in Premiere Pro. When I import them into the timeline, they look like this:

And if there is significant movement, the purple and green shift too.

(here is the original clip, opened in VLC:)

I've also tried it with Sony Vegas Pro 13, and that works too. It's only in Premiere Pro that these weird colors showed up. I've tried reinstalling and that hasn't worked either.

I have used this on one of my other computers and it works too (my computer is a Razer Blade Stealth)

Anyone have any ideas of what's going on?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Hi Edna,

You don't have to use the workaround just go to below link and install the latest Intel drivers for your Graphics card.

Support for IntelĀ® Graphics Drivers

Don't update automatically but scroll down and choose your card's model number and then download

• Version: 25.20.100.6326

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kinda having the same problem. Yesterday i made the new update could it be possible that this makes the problem ?Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-07 um 09.40.22.png

the blue effect in the cover was not made by me... it just came up.
Also with the next picture it randomly just added 6 times the cover picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-07 um 09.40.34.png

Could it be the that because of the update PNG files do make problems ? I really have no clue... had no big filters or plug in on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue.

Revert to previous version or try one of the workarounds:

PNG with Alpha Workarounds | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any fixes to videos? None of the fixes apply to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problems when I import video. I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling.

I've tried older versions, no go.

Is it my video card? I have a pretty decent Intel processor with a built-in video card. I mean, the videos work fine in other players. Is it my version of Windows being bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it in After Effects, also same issue, but when I export it, it comes out fine. Also, AE is crashing a lot for me. Maybe it is my Intel built-in video card? Maybe I need to get an actual dedicated video card to take the stress of graphic processing from my processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and a person at Adobe Customer service resolved it. When you open your project you go in

FILE / PROJECT SETTING/ GENERAL in  video rendering and playback  in RENDERER  you change:

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

FOR

Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

Hope it will help! CamƩlia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Finally, I can edit videos on my new pc! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are amazing!  Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a quick patch to the problem but it doesn't fix it. If our computers can support it we need to be using acceleration. My playback quality is much worse without the acceleration enabled. Adobe needs to fix this. No issues in the previous build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've done this step in Premiere Pro CC2018 and it worked perfectly. But when I render out in Media Encoder the same issue comes up again. I tried changing the render settings in Media Encoder to "Software only" but that doesn't work. Can you help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as you. I can disable Open CL in premiere pro and in Media Encoder but it fails every time. If i enable Open CL, it fails constantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great help...
Worked well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God thanks bro!! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and this solution worked perfectly! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edna,

You don't have to use the workaround just go to below link and install the latest Intel drivers for your Graphics card.

Support for IntelĀ® Graphics Drivers

Don't update automatically but scroll down and choose your card's model number and then download

• Version: 25.20.100.6326

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion to update my Intel graphic driver resolved the issue.  Thank you so much for posting this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has not worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GPU are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a large institution, on a timeline and cannot install random drivers without admin - really shameful that a video product wont provide individual user help and has an issue like this!! turning videos green and purple is a BIG deal and they cant do a better fix than to mess with my drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you are going to have to just go to FILE/GENERAL

USE PLAYBACK GENERAL

WHICH WILL JUST USE THE CPU'S INTEL GRAPHICS TO RENDER. SURE, IT WILL TAKE LONGER TO EDIT

BUT THE GREEN AND PURPLE WILL BE GONE. YOU WILL LATER HAVE TO GET YOUR IT DUDE TO LET YOU RE DOWNLOAD

YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't "messing" with your drivers.

The drivers are the way any program can properly and safely access any hardware on a computer ... they're the "language" if you will for the program to know how to use said hardware. As features change, as hardware changes, "firmware" and drivers change ... it has always been so, and will always be so. It's part of working on computers.

Your IT department must have the capability to check for drivers to keep your gear and your software up to date and working safely. It's not Adobe ... or any other company's ... issue if your computer is not kept up to date. That's basic Computing 101, and something any decent IT department should know how to handle.

Though I do know of some that are rather ... recalcitrant ... about doing anything to update the computers under them. Sadly. They aren't providing safety at that point but instead slowing the process of their employees. Without any additional safety factor.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it have to be that specific driver version or can it be ones newer than that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go with the newest available. Occasionally we need to roll back, but 98% of the time it's the newest that's needed.

So if the newest doesn't fix it, roll back one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines