• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error compiling movie. Unknown Error." OR program crash when rendering

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rendering in Premiere Pro CC I get the messge "Error compiling movie. Unknown Error." OR the program crashes.

-Adobe Premiere Pro CC V 7.0.0 (342)

-ASUS Z87-A, Intel Core i7 4 core, 16gb RAM

-450gb+ disc space

-Also installed: After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder

-All recent updates installed

-Windows7 64bit

-I am using all programs through Creative Cloud

-Footage is AVCHD 720p but doesn't work with .mts or .mp4 files

-I am trying to render speed and simple cross dissolves. Neither are working

-This has happened before on a friend's desktop. I was using his machine to edit on while I was in the process of building mine. He got the same error when I was trying to export. I restarted and the issue was fine. Restarting on my machine has not solved the issue. This leads me to think it is a bug in the program?

-I have been running After Effects and it has worked flawlessly.

Help!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Hi,

This is an old post describing a generic problem. Create a new post with your system details, info about your media, and screenshots of any error dialog boxes you get. Crash reports also help. Feel free to attach those. Sorry for this issue, but with info, it can be solved.

Help documentation may assist this issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

This post is locked.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 284 Replies 284
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, extremekc512. I posted this same solution here back in Jan 2015, yet the problem remains. I also agree that this is not a HW problem, however, I'm not sure it is necessarily related to the project file. In my case, the solution was achieved within a single session (not saving and reopening a project), but simply copying and pasting all assets from a sequence that wouldn't render into a NEW sequence, which would render. I also found that the order of some of the effects on an adjustment layer seemed to cause the issue in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found that the order of some of the effects on an adjustment layer seemed to cause the issue in my case.

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - What are your thoughts on rendering in Cuda vs OpenCL (MBP Retina i7 / Late-2013/ 16GB / 1TB SSD /  NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extremekc512 wrote:

Also - What are your thoughts on rendering in Cuda vs OpenCL (MBP Retina i7 / Late-2013/ 16GB / 1TB SSD / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB)

I always use CUDA since I have a NVIDIA Quadro 4000. So far, I have not been forced to use SW rendering on any projects. I'm on an HP Z820, 16 core, 32 GB, 1TB SSD (OS), 500 GB SSD Cache, Source on 1 TB 10,000 RPM Velociraptor, NVIDIA Quadro 4000, so if HW is an issue, then Adobe has a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found transcoding footage to MXF gets round most 'unknown errors'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kimhathaway wrote:

Found transcoding footage to MXF gets round most 'unknown errors'

That's a really good point!  The only time I've had this error is when I'm working with lots of different types of footage in a sequence (or one wonky one like MXF).  We all need to remember that just because we *can* work with different formats doesn't mean we *should*! Transcoding to ProRes or something else that makes the program work smoother is a time hit *and* a resource hit (boy those files get huge) ***BUT*** if it prevents incredibly annoying problems at export time then I think it's well worth it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today, and I felt all the blood drain from my legs as I am on deadline.

I'm old enough to have actually programmed computers in high school.  I went into "de-bug" mode of thinking.

I knew it was likely something I had done, computers aren't sentient.

I restarted etc.. no help.

I was able to export the first section of project.  Not the middle or last.

I then realized I put in a couple "morph transitions"

I took them out on a whim, and presto all was well again.  I had my morphs set to about 5 or six frames... my transitions are tight.  I noticed they did not render in the time-line before lunch.

Anyway, I know some of you have much more complex problems, but I thought I'd at least post what "fixed" things for me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2018! AND THIS STILL HAPPENS!

WHY!!!!!!! If only I can quit adobe @_@ so stressful, projects are getting delayed! NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of deleting half your files and trying to render, in Premiere you can just press Enter and let it render the sequence. Whatever is causing the error will make the render stop, and you'll see exactly where it is because it will be the first red area of the Timeline.

"But my entire timeline is yellow or green!" you say? Okay, make an Adjustment Layer and put ANYTHING into it. Now the entire timeline is red. Back to step 1.

I'll give you one possible cause, since this just happened to me.

I created a Title, added text, then put it in my Timeline.

Then I copied this Title (hold Alt and drag to make a new one) and dragged this to another spot on the timeline.

Turned out, I didn't want the title in the 1st position after all, so I deleted it. The error happened right at the location where I made the copy of the title.

I deleted the copy of the title, and inserted the original title into the Timeline in that position. Rendered fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is an old post describing a generic problem. Create a new post with your system details, info about your media, and screenshots of any error dialog boxes you get. Crash reports also help. Feel free to attach those. Sorry for this issue, but with info, it can be solved.

Help documentation may assist this issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-compiling-movie-rendering-or.html

This post is locked.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines