• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random freezes while rendering and editing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm experiencing a devastating issue on Premiere. It randomly freezes to the point that neither the mouse nor the keyboard nor the physical switches on the pc respond to inputs and I have to unplug the power and reboot. This occurs 70% while editing (mainly moving items on the timeline) and 30% while exporting.

It started for apparently no reason, I didn't change anything. It can happen from 0 to 10 times in a hour, I don't know what it depends on. These freezes come with no warning, it's just sudden. 

I also have to make backup copies of my project because this thing is corrupting files and stuff (I also lost fonts I use on my projects installed on the computer since it started).

WHAT I TRIED:

- Reinstall Premiere

- Reinstall nvidia drivers

The machine: Core i5 10600K + RTX 2060 + 16 gb ram @3600MHZ

The pc is stable in every other task (streaming, gaming, etc.)

Please I need help

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a massive problem with the more recent Nvidia game-ready drivers. If you have a game-ready driver, go to their driver site, download and do a clean install of the Studio driver.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know about those Studio drivers. I'll definitely try them and let you know. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16 gigs is not a lot of ram for Premiere, particularly if you're working with 4K material

and are you using screen recordings?  they often have a variable frame rate which premiere has problems with.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advices! I work with mainly 1080p material taken from games via Nvidia Shadowplay or apps via Xbox screen capturing feature (Win+G). I'll try those tools asap. To be honest I didn't suffer any performance issues with Premiere until happened, so I'm incline to look somewhere else for a solution. Do you think that my files could cause issues if they come preminently from screen capturing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes,  one issue with variable frame rate material is it's impossible to predict how premiere will handle it.  sometimes there won't be any issues, sometimes the weirdest manifestations.   so use media info to see if it's variable or constant frame rate.  If you have any questions about using media info or where to find this info, post back.  It's not the most intuitive program, but it is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines