Recording a voiceover records 'nothing'

Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Behringer Xm8500 mic, a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and I am having issues with recording voiceovers in premiere pro.

When I click the "voice-over record" button the red bar under the preview says 'recording' but the playhead moves and nothing green or any peaks are created.

I have tried recording in other projects and it works, it just doesn't work in this one project.

MacOS Mojave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018
Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and make sure that the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface in selected under Default input. I think that´s the issue, that the Default input is set either to No Input or to the wrong audio interface, thus no input signal.If you still don´t find it, change the Device Class in the same dialog.(Or is it Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio Hardware on a Mac?)

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make new project and import this one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

B&H Photo Video

Bypass the Scarlett.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac doesn't have a mic input, so I can't bypass the audio interface.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeesh.

In that case, I would recommend something like the Roland R-05, or Zoom H1n.

Bottom line, bypass the Scarlet in one way or another.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and make sure that the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface in selected under Default input. I think that´s the issue, that the Default input is set either to No Input or to the wrong audio interface, thus no input signal.

If you still don´t find it, change the Device Class in the same dialog.

(Or is it Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio Hardware on a Mac?)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed all settings are correct, Premier still will not record audio as of 12/30/2020

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I had the same problem and got tired of just the "Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and make sure that the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface in selected under Default input" as the only option in every forum I found.  Luckily, I stumbled upon System Preferences>Security&Privacy, select the "microphone" option on the left and choose Premier under the "Allow apps to access your microphone" heading on the right. If all your other settings are right, that should do it. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are the best! Thanks!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines