• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Remove attributes' not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video with several different clips which I now can't remove the attributes. I click remove attributes, I click effects, I click OK, absolutely nothing changes and I'm left with audio that sound very 'tinny' from having two 'de-noise' effects on it. Help!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

if you select the clip in the timeline and go to effects controls, can you delete the effects or at least unenable them by clicking on the fx icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

This worked fine for me - thanks !!
1. select all the clips on the timeline you  wish to remove an attribute
2. right click, select Remove Attribute
3. remove tick from unwanted attribute
4. click OK
5. right click already selected
6. select Remove Attributes
7. press OK
8. ALL GONE 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

this solution doesn't help if you have multiple clips you need to delete an effect from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you select the clip in the timeline and go to effects controls, can you delete the effects or at least unenable them by clicking on the fx icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go through effects controls, I can delete them there. I didn't know I could, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad we figured out a workaround, but remove attributes should work.  Do you select the clip in the timeline and then control click and choose remove attributes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. So when double checking myself just now and clicking remove attributes, then effects, then ok, then reopening remove attributes (but not clicking effects) and clicking ok, ... it worked.  Maybe I'm just dealing with a small bug here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That way it worked for me, it's a bug, it saved my life, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it for me! THANK YOU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never commented on an Adobe thread, but oh my gosh this reply saved me from manually clicking 100s of effects off. Thank you for your service to the world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine for me - thanks !!
1. select all the clips on the timeline you  wish to remove an attribute
2. right click, select Remove Attribute
3. remove tick from unwanted attribute
4. click OK
5. right click already selected
6. select Remove Attributes
7. press OK
8. ALL GONE 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This works even in 2023.

Adobe never fixed this bug 😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW ARE WE IN 2023 AND THIS IS STILL A BUG ADOBE?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OHH MAAAN THATS AWESOME!!! IT WORKED. I thought, i have to delet it on all 360 clips or do it completly new! Thank you man! U safed my life!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove attributes is not working for me. I would like to do that to many clips at once, but it does not work. I can be unable the effect on each clip one-by-one, but it should not be like that. Selecting all clips + removing attributes should work as magic to all clips, but it actually does not work. Not even for one clip. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... not even sure how you delet effects from the Effects Control Panel.  You can turn them off, but delete?  I can't see a way to do that... really frsutarting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution doesn't help if you have multiple clips you need to delete an effect from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you delete effects in the Effect Control panel?  I can switch them on and off but not delete them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select the clip in the timeline, open effect controls, control click on the effect and choose "clear"Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.40.39 AM.png

or just click on it so it's hilighted and hit delete...  As to why remove attributes isn't working,  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select remove attributes everything is selected by default. So if you click on the effects, you're deselecting them from the list of attributes to be removed. So you'd actually need to deselect everything you want to keep - make sense?

In my view, it's a slightly counter intuitive UX because you've gone into this function to remove things, so I thnk you really ought to be selecting things to remove, not deslecting things to remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer! Gosh Ive never come across such a poor UX choice in a product...slightly counterintuitive is a rather an understatement!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how it's not intuitive...  It's clear to me which effects are going to be removed because they're checked...  bwdik...    When you've been working with software as long as I have, you'll see many, many worse choices...  And gotta say, there are alot of worse choices in Premiere...  But once you've been working intensively with something like premiere for a while, you start to understand the mindset of the programmers.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for saving my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this. I'm not sure why I was thinking the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines