• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve your problem? Same scenerio for me (new mac pro, exorts having issues for H.264 - haven't tried other codecs yet).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e70iit0fj1kilwd/j-_48PcxQw

Link includes 2 of my recent exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I just got to this. Your link was empty unfortunately.

I spoke to an Adobe tech and he told me Adobe is aware of the problem and working with AMD to fix it. I reminded him that Adobe has a post on their site saying their software is compatible with AMD's Firepro cards. For now I'm rendering on my old system when possible, otherwise the only fix is turning off openCL rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - I have the same problem with rendering Prores, and my source files are Prores. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently (according to Adobe rep via email today) this issue is fixed in version 7.2.2, due in about 1 week from now. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for telling me! Hope it works too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not solve this issue!

We are having the same issues, not only with H.264, but with ProRes as well... We REALLY need a solution to this. Though I am not sure the problem is with Adobe... When transcoding R3Ds using REDCINE X, these horizontal lines occur as well. The one common factor we all seem to share is the new Mac Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parcyvall, did you get a hold of the update? Unfortunately, I am unable to test since my new Mac Pro is being serviced after locking itself in endless reboots when encoding files in AME, I am not able to test whether or not the CC update has any effect on the matter. We bought two Mac Pros, identical config, whereas one of them is working perfectly, the other one had these lines and the reboot problem (since day 1, clean install)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I did get the artifacts even during software only renders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the promblem remains after updating to 7.2.2

Talking to Apple, they say they have no idea what might cause this. I tried some renders with FCP X, just to see, and they seem to work just fine. Haven't done enough testing to be sure, but in the quick exports I just tried, no errors occured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I highly recommend you to etype your post directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code ]

Or you can search the issue on google search you will find more one solution for that issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same render artifacts, horizontal lines.  I'm also getting horizontal lines made of square dots, but usually these dots happen when I'm overlaying a PSD graphic.

I have the new Mac Pro with dual GPU AMD FirePro D700.

I noticed that dissabling max render in the sequence setings solves the problem, though my renders now take a lot longer.

To render without artifacs with AME CC, in the bottom of your queue choose: Mercury playback engine software only.  This would not use the GPU and render using only the CPUs.   This again renders slower and if you had done scaling and reframing in your edits it will be of lower quality.

Please, Adobe and Apple and AMD, please solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to premiere 7.2.2 today and the horizontal lines problem got even worst.  Now I get them with any combination of settings.  Max render, no max render, etc.

And worst, this upgrade broke the ability to export using AME (Adobe Media Encoder), so now I can't force the computer to use software only to export (AME gives you the option but premiere doesn't).  I can't figure out a way to export my renders without artifacts.

Now everytime I send I send a file to AME for export, when I start the export AME gets hang "reading the XMP".  It never really starts the export.

I am now doing another clean install. The second one in one week.

Please Adobe, fix this problem. It is pointless to use Premiere CC if it makes you miss dedlines because you can't render or export your edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware acceleration is controlled in PP under File>Project Settings>General...

How long do you wait in AME before you call it quits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed? Ugh. I've noticed when I export with software only the file sizes are almost double what they are if I use hardware on my laptop to export. Stupid I need to transfer everything to a hard drive to the laptop to export instead of on my brand new machine.

Guess this is what we get for being the guinea pigs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File size is based on the duration of the program and the bitrate of the encode.  Hardware acceleration won't have any impact on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that too, but identical videos using identical settings ... different file sizes between the macbook pro and the mac pro. And of course, the mac pro also was adding the horizontal artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have those of you who are still hitting this problem on 7.2.2 cleared you cache files and render previews? I'm not at all familar with this bug but, if it's on the Adobe side and it's been fixed, then it's possible that it's "saved" to the cache or preview files, in which case purging them after updating to 7.2.2 would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

yes we did clear cache files and render previews. Not solved at all... No problems when rendering with FCP X though.... For us, the only workaround right now is to disable Open CL, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a workhorse machine like the Mac Pro with dual GPU AMD FirePro D700...

Please fix this, it cripples us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to another tech in India and here is what I was told:

The 7.2.2 update did not fix the random horizontal lines, and they are aware of this. There will be another update in a few weeks that will fix it. That's what I was told, but read on for why I'm skeptical...

There is one other issue myself and others have  been suffering through since 7.2, which was supposedly fixed in 7.2.1, but as you can see by this thread, it wasn't fixed:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1357792?tstart=0

7.2.2's documentation does not mention a fix for this problem either, so I've decided to wait until 7.2.3 and skip the current 7.2.2 upgrade. Until then I have to render without open CL, and I can't use the constant power audio transition to fade in/out my audio due to the afformentioned issue.

Trying to be patient here...

jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do we have an update on this issue? We're still feeling crippled here... Did anyone get this resolved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for Apple to decide whether they want to fix or replace my new Mac Pro, that sporadically went into endless rebooting mode. So I have no way of testing this for now. Will get back with info ASAP once I get the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fixes yet.   It really is Adobe Premiere and AME having rendering problems with new Mac Pros with AMD FirePro D700 cards.

PLEASE Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least Adobe should acknowledge that they really don't support the new MacPros with the new AMD FirePro 700 cards.   I'm finding this situation very dishonest from Adobe's side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys using any plugins that are running any trials? Some have a security feature that adds things like lines or x's.

http://gtmediaproductions.com/tony/RedGiant%20Trapcode%20Plugins%20for%20CS5%20%5BDarkman%5D/Red.Giant.Trapcode.Particular.v2.1/Documentation/support_files/images/demo_watermark.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines