Exit

Rendering split videos takes forever

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

maybe you can help me with this issue.

I'm a youtuber (Let's Plays), so I usually record ~3 hours of content at a time, and then split the content into different files (~30 minutes long). I record audio commentary seperately, and match both audios up in Premiere Pro.
Since one of the last updates, I noticed that Premiere Pro takes longer for each segment to render.

The first part, minute 0-30, it takes around 20 to 30 minutes to render in 1080p60.
However, each subsequent part takes exponentially longer, up to the point, where the last part (2:30h to 3:00h) takes around 4 to 5 (!) hours to render, as if he needs to render the whole file up to that point and then cut the requested sequence out.

This behaviour did not occur when I re-started Let's Playing back in may, so I assume that during the summer, one of the updates caused this behaviour.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Import a large, long file (.mp4)
2. render it in subsequent parts, each around 30 minutes long, 
3. observe how with each part, the rendering time increases compared to the previous part

Can you confirm this performance issures somehow? And do you have a workaround for this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

Sascha

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot my specs:

Intel Core i7-4770
32GB RAM
2TB HDD
Nvidia Geforce GTX1060 (using CUDA for rendering)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'render' do you mean "Export"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space on the HDD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

yes, I mean "Exporting", sorry for the confusion.

Current Free Space is 1.3 TB, with a normal "video part" consuming around 3 to 4 GB.

The Source material and the Export Path are on the same drive, however, this has always been this way, and never caused any problems.

The only thing I changed (after taking a long, refreshing nap) is that I render in 60p now (I used to use 30fps previously), but I doubt that this causes the exporting times to explode like this, since the source material is also 60fps.

I can make a double check with 30fps to see if that accelerates the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Nope, setting FPS down to 30 doesn't change too much, it brings the time down by a mere 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like nobody has an idea what is causing these problems.
I guess I have to live with that. Anyway, thank you very much for your support!

Case: Closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines