• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset to saved layout/workspace not working

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a saved workspace in the arrangement that I want; however, every time I open/create a new project, my workspace is in a different arrangement than what I have saved. When I press "reset to saved layout" it does not reset to my saved layout—it does change the layout, but not to my saved layout, and I have to manually re-arrange the windows every time.

Note: When I press "save changes to this layout" (after rearranging it), then put the windows in a different arrangement, pressing "reset to saved layout" works ie. puts the windows in the arrangement I want. It's just every time that I open/create a new project that the arrangement is messed up.

I have tried checking/unchecking "import workspace from project" and this has no effect on fixing the problem.

If you know the solution to this problem, I will be forever indebted to you!

*I am on MacOS Catalina w/Premiere version 14.1 installed.

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and couldn't get it to "keep" my saved workspaces when I rebuilt them from how it was showing them. I found I needed to re-create all my saved workspaces, starting each one from one of the included workspaces, using 'Save as new workspace'.

Once I did that, it all worked properly ... I could reset one of the newly saved layouts.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I tried this out, but my layout is still misarranged when I make a new project. Again, pressing "reset to saved layout" doesn't put the windows in the correct arrangement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

munir,

Just to be sure ...

• you are starting out with one of the included workspaces, not one you'd previously used;
  • you are modifying that workspace and then saving as a new named workspace;
  • "Import workspaces from projects" is not checked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. I modified the "Effects" workspace to my liking and saved it as a new one. "Import workspaces from projects" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is important, but the "project" window is usually the only thing out of place. The rest of the windows are in the correct arrangement when opening a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting ... huh.

Do you have that on a monitor not the 'main' UI monitor? Premiere can at times prefer the main UI monitor, though I've been able to get it to stick to my panel for it on the 2nd monitor most of the time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one monitor—I am editing on a Macbook pro.

This is my preferred saved layout looks like: 

want.png

This is what I see when I open a project:

open.png

This is what happens when I press reset to saved layout:

reset.png

Perhaps there is some sort of cache I need to clear, settings I should reset, etc.? Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete/Trash Media/cache files is always a first step when Premiere becomes ... odd.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this same FRUSTRATING problem. I am currently on PPro for Windows 10 Ver 14.3.2 and everytime I begin a new project the screen layout is incorrect. I select "reset to saved layout" (which used to work) even tried making a new layout and switching between them. Nothing. Now sometimes when I load a project, it randomly changes the layout, and I have to move all the windows around AGAIN.  So, I spend a little bit of time almost every time I open a project, just to get things back where I need them to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure ... you don't have "Import workspaces from project" checked in the Workspaces menu, do you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Yes, I've tried it both ways. Originally it was not set that way.  After reviewing the forums, I tried opening a known good project with that turned on. Same results. It just really seems to have a mind of it's own. For example, I had a project I was working on and opened it up a day later and it reverted back to this same layout where my project bin was now embedded in the same window as my scopes. Then I try "reset to saved layout" or I try switching between my saved layouts. Nothing. So, I have to go through the process of moving the windows around again, try saving the layout again, and hope for the best.

Yes, I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor. But so is the problem of not recognizing windowed bins as "active," and that has been broken since at least CC2015 and never resolved (even with polite bug reporting).

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting mostly proper behavior. But every once in a while, when I open a bin ... which should open another tab in the panel on the second monitor the Project panel is on ... it opens instead in the panel lower/left of the main monitor where the Media Browser and other panels are.

But the next time ... opens correctly ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Most times when I re-open a project, it comes up normally. Then occasionally, it reverts to this weird layout. And it must be something in the coding, as it reverts to the same incorrect layout every time.

Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I modified the "Editing" workspace to my liking and saved it as a new one. "Now my saved layout is missing and very uncomfortable layout show me everytime.

I reset it but still it can't solve my problem. Beacause I saved it as a default. Please help me to correct it like the Adobe's layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines