• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert to previous version of Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally updated Premiere and it completely ruined my project; the entire clips are in the timeline, rather than just the few seconds I had trimmed, the main audio no longer fades when a secondary audio track begins, and EVERYTHING is way different from how I had aligned them. 

I honestly never update Premiere, because it always does this, so I was using the 2015 version, and now the 2018 version won't even open the project!  How do I revert back to the 2015 version of Premiere, which is the only version that actually works properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Johns links are no good to you as they do not apply for Premiere (anymore).

Unfortunately you cannot revert back to 2015.

The only version left is 11.0.4 (updated 2017 version).

As for 2018. Deinstall, use cleaner tool reinstall and try again (open latest 2017 project)

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406862 may help

--including links to recover older versions of programs after doing an update

-and SOME direct zip links https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but when I tried to reinstall Premiere Pro (after uninstalling it and Creative Cloud), I still was faced with the issue that I had to download the current 2018 version or the 2017 version. 

Perhaps I'm missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406862 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not post for Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to kglad's links, and clicking through to the 2015 links at Pro Design, gets to a page where it is possible to download the full 2015 versions of the programs Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools

So how is that a problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those versions don't exist anymore, due to the Dolby issue. So PLEASE dont.

Read post 3!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a problem as I can confirm that the links for Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder in that site don't work any more. It just goes to an "Access Denied" or a "Not Found" error page.

EDIT: I just checked again, and none of the other links work any longer. This means that as of now, the only way to download and reinstall those older versions of the other CC apps is via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that is why kglad's current links page has removed the links to old version at Pro Design I downloaded Acrobat Pro and when I open it up it is in Polish, I can not figure out how to change ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is true.

Please see:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Your feedback is welcomed there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, CC 2014 and CC 2015 are no longer available from Adobe in any form as they included a fully functional Dolby AC3 encoder, which supported both stereo and 5.1 encoding. And although the patents for the Dolby AC3 decoder expired (which is the reason for Adobe's move to native OS support for playback of Dolby Digital AC3 audio), the licensing fees for the AC3 encoder was raised substantially, and Adobe could no longer incorporate the AC3 encoder in CC 2018 or the currently available download version of CC 2017 without increasing the monthly rental fees significantly above the current $50 per month (for the entire Creative Suite).

By the way, the original 2013 version of CC and the CS6 version are still available despite their inclusion of a partially functional Dolby AC3 encoder as those versions' encoders only support 2-channel stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind about the licensing fees for Dolby Digital AC-3, as the last patents have expired this past Spring. Unfortunately, with the move to native OS support for AC-3 playback, I now have no explanation other than the fact suspicion that incorporating the Dolby encoder into an NLE now also requires the inclusion of the Dolby decoder, which may interfere (conflict) with the native OS Dolby playback support. The OS writers also share part of the blame, as they chose not to incorporate AC-3 encoding support into their OSes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incorporating the Dolby encoder into an NLE now also requires the inclusion of the Dolby decoder, which may interfere (conflict) with the native OS Dolby playback support.

That's seems unlikely, as previous versions including Dolby support had no such conflict with operating systems that also included it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johns links are no good to you as they do not apply for Premiere (anymore).

Unfortunately you cannot revert back to 2015.

The only version left is 11.0.4 (updated 2017 version).

As for 2018. Deinstall, use cleaner tool reinstall and try again (open latest 2017 project)

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing is working.

It seems ridiculous that Adobe would prevent PAYING CUSTOMERS from reverting back to a version they found easier to use/more comprehensive.  I purchase my Creative Cloud subscription every single month, but they can't help me undo an update??  That is absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue_Zan, can you roll back the state of the applications on your computer using Windows Restore or Apple Time Machine?

If not, can you possibly revert back to the previous version using a system backup that you may have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found anything out yet or hard success in reverting back to 2015? I have the same issue! So annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, nothing has changed yet. Please leave your feedback here:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines