• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony F55 raw footage showing skewed

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a major issue with Premier CC 2018. When I bring in Raw sony f55 footage all the footage looks a little blurry, when I zoom in 200% anything that has any kind of contrast seams to be vertically skewed (pic attached). This doesn't happen in CC 2017 so I have been using that. Any ideas how to fix?Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 2.08.21 PM (2).png

Specs

2017 27" imac

4.2 intel i7

40GB RAM

radeon pro 580 8192MB video card

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Seams this issue is only happening with the new R7 recorder shooting XOCN.

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this is happening to all my footage even prores 4444...

Would really like some help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit, it is not happening to all my footage. The prores file were from vfx sent back to me meaning I exported the footage to them and the problem baked in. Meaning I will have to have vfx do the effects over again...

So here's where im at, I'm working with adobe customer support now. The only footage that seams to be affected is sony raw footage even on the same timeline pro res files look correct. This issue only happens in 2018 as everything works fine in 2017. If Adobe is unable to resolve this problem it seams I may have to rebuild my entire timeline in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I spent about 5 hours with adobe trouble shooting this and ended with uploading a raw file for them to check on their system. Still haven't been contacted back. No solution has been found. This is a pretty major issue and I am surprised more Sony F55 users don't have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single reply or a return phone call from adobe would really just be the difference in help with this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested to hear what your results are as per comparing GPU acceleration as opposed to Software only. You likely have your project settings using GPU acceleration, so do you experience the same abnormalities if you switch over to soft only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all three options for GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 3.45.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-20 at 3.45.51 PM.pngStill a known issues on all f55 raw footage. This happens on PC or Mac. Only in Adobe 2018. Would like to see someone from adobe acknowledge this issues and know there is a patch in the future to fix this. Heres a side by side of what it looks like vs what it should look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed?? It's like a nightmare. I just finished editing and now I see that all my footage is skewed.

Is there a workaround? other than exporting to XML or converting Terabytes to ProRes or whatever.

I've tried to install the latest veriso, now all I'm getting is white screens for display, couldn't find out where to fix it.

Probably I'd have to upgrade some weird things. (Mac, all drivers up to date)

Rolled back to 12.1.1 - preview works again but the RAW skewing issue is still there!

Who is testing this stuff? Don't they LOOK at the footage?

Just saw that adobehas a "Quality Engineering" team on the project... :////

This is really unbelievably!

Thanks God for Davinci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that the real and normal size is 100%, any image that passes this value will begin to deteriorate. If being 100% you have that issue that is a problem. Put 100% and upload screenshots please the entire Premiere Pro interface, if do not see your entire image 100% does not matter, if we can see a part is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue as the original poster. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to spend 5 hours with support. He has it, I have it, and I just checked with the owner of the Sony Camera: They have it too. (You have received the Raw file from the OP - and AFAIK he is still waiting for your answer)

This is the source viewer and I don't think this is a deterioration issue. I'm pretty sure there is an error in the import of Sony RAWs.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 17.46.02.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 17.45.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you do not upload screenshots to 100% we can not help you because you have to start discarding that option so nobody loses time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don' know which option you mean, but here is the same clip at 100% zoom. the problem is smaller, due to the zoom set to 100% but still clearly visible.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 19.12.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F-55 RAW skewed.jpg

Same problem with Sony F-55 RAW footage 2048x1080, edited in a FullHD sequence, altough the clips are at 100% scale!

Same project doesn't present the issue on the only machine, in our studio, with Quadro K4000  graphics (the other worstation have Geforce class cards).

Could it be an hardware related problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that if both have the same problem we should investigate some known error not with the hardware of your computer or Adobe but with the F55 working in RAW, did you try to export? Does the same error appear in the exported video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi byroncortezh, nice to meet you.

Yes, the problem appears in the export too!

In our studio we have 5 workstations, all intel based, and the problem does not appear in the only machine with QUADRO card (all others have GTX cards!). So I thought it could be a problem hardware-related!

In addition, all our system have the same software version (12.1.1).

I think the skew may be related to the fact the footage is 2048x1080, while it was edited in a fullHD sequence, altough the clips were used at 100% scale!

The strange fact is that the same project, with the same sequence and project settings, opened in the QUADRO machine does not present the issue!

I'm not sure but the problem appear from this software version only!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe my question is silly, but, have you got activated the Acceleration Mercury Playback Engine, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course i did!

I think it's matter of pixel aspect ratio! In fact, never had problems with 4k Sony raw or with 4k-5k RED raw footage!

Just wonder why the Quadro workstation is not affected by the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I rather think it's the GTX - RAW relationship that does not get along very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines