Exit

Subtitles added at the beginning of timeline and not at the timecode

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am quite new in this forum.

I currently have some repeating issues while importing srt and scc subtitles/closed captions into my timeline. While dragging them into the timeline, the import-setting-dialogue appears and asks me where to add those subs. I use the timecode-option of the file. But most of the time (4 out of 5 assets), subs are added at the beginning of the timeline and not at the timecode where they should belong.

I already had this issue some weeks ago with some other files and a partner has checked the subs in Resolve and they were added properly. So there should nothing be wrong with the timecode inside those files.

I have also compared the srt files of two different timelines with each other. One is imported correctly, the other is being added at the begging of the timeline. Both assets have the same setup, so nothing that leads into a potential error.

Has anyone experienced those issues and has some ideas on how to solve this?

Best and many thanks

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, forgot to add:

Premiere Pro Version 24.2.1 Build 2

MacOS Ventura 13.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also seen this, and as a direct result of this happening I take a very simple precaution:

Add a single letter 'subtitle' right at the first frame. Make it a CC or similar, and either leave it up or turn it's opacity right down. Everything else will then be at the correct timecode.

No, you should not need to do this - but it will make the problem go away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines