Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subtitles speed up editing

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'd love some advice on editing subtitles in Premiere Pro. I've had a kinda learn on-the-go technique so far.

Basically, I get videos from clients that are 45+ minutes long. Now the Auto-transcribe feature is great and really has helped, but it does have lots of errors and, understandably, struggles with abbreviations and technique words, plus the videos are usually a bit low quality so the sound is muffled.

Anyway, this means I have to go through it manually and make edits and this can take ages and sends me a bit crazy!

I wondered is there a better (and less stressful) way to edit the transcripts?

Many thanks
Mark

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @markw60549560,

Thanks for writing in. Yes, this feature does exist. Have you tried exporting a transcript and then reimporting it? The "overflow" menu (three dots) has these options. You need to generate new captions after importing the corrected text file. Give it a try and report back. I've been able to get it to work. I hope it works for you, too.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also try to make the audio better by using Essential sound in premiere or Adobe Audition or using adobe new AI tool, Adobe Podcast, that's will generate may be a better transcripted text for you and less errors. 

You can export just the Audio separately and use the Adobe podcast (tried it myself an amazing tool) to clean the audio. 

https://podcast.adobe.com/

Best, 

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines