Exit

Timeline WONT STOP playing ?!?!?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing, the playback won't stop.

That is right, you read correctly, 
I hit play, and then cannot stop it.Keyboard no longer gets any result from any keys in Premiere.

Mouse moves fine, but nothing responds to clicks.

It plays as long as it wants, at least seven minutes, sometimes an hour.

When it stops it does whatever key clicks I entered, during its time as a runaway.

It will save, or open panels, or make markers,   whatever keys I had pressed.

I was using wireless.  Now I am using the second of two WIRED keyboards and a wired mouse.

Still same problem.
Impossible to edit like this.

This just happened now, while perfecting a three camera edit in Multicam.

I had just tweaked an edit point with the rolling edit tool in the middle of a 90 minute timeline.

Restarting the program, or rebooting makes no difference.

CC 2017  with Windows 7.

But I have experienced this with many earlier versions of PP.

This has happened in projects that are newly started as well as older projects. 

ANY IDEAS ?  This is something that is hard to search for due to being similar words as other problems.

Please, can anyone help me ?

not sure what tags to use on this post - its not about playback, its about NOT STOPPING playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

One fix could be related to NVIDIA drivers. Please install the 528.49 studio driver and let us know how it goes with 23.2. Any other driver, especially game ready drivers can cause unexpected behavior. Furthermore, take note of the GeForce Experience. Do not run it concurrently with Premiere Pro. NVIDIA drivers have been faulty for a couple of months now and have caused multicam editors a lot of problems. Check it out.

@ShaunK321 has also found a potential solution for those running 23.1 and A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Hello,

I am so sorry that some of you are still experiencing this bug in current versions. I appreciate everyone that wrote constructive posts and commentary. Unfortunately, the Premiere Pro team does not respond in this user-to-user forum, but they do read the Bug Reports and Ideas forums. Please address them there.

For action on this bug, please upvote and make further comments on this bug report. That would be the best thing we can do as a community. As a community manager here, I will also

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 154 Replies 154
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm losing my mind- can't make any progress on my edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taylors,

Have you tried my suggestion to transcode or use proxies? That can help performance when pushing multiple streams of video on a multicamera project. 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just say I also have this problem (and have had it on many iterations of premiere pro since at least 2019)  and I use Prores proxies, but I sync them to audio using the "create multicam source sequence" I'm pretty sure the issue is with the multicam settings rather than the media. Anyway, very frustrating and today for some reasons it is particuarly interupting my work. Thus the message. As it doesn't crash, I don't get the option to submit a bug report, but is there a way to submit something so that your team can see whats happening??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using multicam as well. Instead, I use "new sequence from clip" and then enable multicam. The issue can be temporarily solved by creating a new project and copying over the sequences, but once this starts happening with a project I plan on it taking many many hours to complete. The project is pretty much doomed/ corrupted with no way of diagnosing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you running 23.1? Running Asus Aura? Check out this response.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that installed on either of my computers and they both experienced the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jfrfilm,

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using low resolution ProRes proxies, on a super fast SSD, still having the same problem, so so demoralizing.
I'm good with Premiere, just can't tell what t h to do about some things. It's really impossible to work. I can't find a workaround. I'm not paying a lot for the Creative Cloud,  but it's not worth a penny more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One fix could be related to NVIDIA drivers. Please install the 528.49 studio driver and let us know how it goes with 23.2. Any other driver, especially game ready drivers can cause unexpected behavior. Furthermore, take note of the GeForce Experience. Do not run it concurrently with Premiere Pro. NVIDIA drivers have been faulty for a couple of months now and have caused multicam editors a lot of problems. Check it out.

@ShaunK321 has also found a potential solution for those running 23.1 and Asus Aurora software on Windows. I will pin the reply here.

I think I may have found the issue after a lot of searching. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like my RGB control software for my computer may be causing Premiere to slow way down and become laggy. I have Asus Aura and when I shut it down, Premier seems to suddenly perform much better. 

Rolling back from 23.1 also seemed to help. If you are running Asus Aura, you might be experiencing this issue. I hope this workaround helps you. I let the team know about the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShaunK321 has found a potential solution for those running 23.1 and Asus Aurora software on Windows. I will pin the reply here.

I think I may have found the issue after a lot of searching. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like my RGB control software for my computer may be causing Premiere to slow way down and become laggy. I have Asus Aura and when I shut it down, Premier seems to suddenly perform much better. 

Rolling back from 23.1 also seemed to help. If you are running Asus Aura, you might be experiencing this issue. I hope this workaround helps you. I let the team know about the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

By @Kevin-Monahan

I'm not sure the Asus Aura was the issue. I stated in my next post that I still had similar problems where Premiere would become extremely laggy, especially when working with multi-cam edits even with the Aura software shut down. Downgrading back to Premiere version 22.6.3 was the only thing that fixed all the issues I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP. Tried fixes listed here and it came back.

I'm breaking things down in to shortest subsequence I can, just so when this happens I don't have to wait for it to finish playing an entire timeline.

This seems very much connected to Multicam, as I don't seem to have the problem when working in a flat sequence. Great to know, but I do everything in Multicam.

Mod note: Edited for content. Address Adobe Devs here in the Bug Reports forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this thread was started in 2017 is truly alarming.  Please do better Adobe.

Mod note: File bugs here. Adobe devs to not read this peer to peer forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Premiere Pro version 22.6.4? That's the only thing that has gotten rid of this issue for me. I'm going to stick with this version until they figure out what's causing these problems in version 23.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 22.6.4. seems to be solution. I just went back from 23.x.x. and now its working!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel exactly like you. I can't wait for the playhead to finish playing the full timeline and my keyboard seems to be dead everytime I press Play in multicam.  This multicam not being able to stop playback issue comes from 2017 as far as I can recall. 

I have reported it last year again, the friendly agent fiddled with Preferences under Media switching off H264/HEVC hardware accelarted decoding which helped only for a few minutes.  I am so tired of resetting the workspace to saved layout, deleting cache files and cache database and even re-installing Adobe Premiere - anuthing to be able to do work on my projects and enjoy editing.  I am on Adobe Premiere 23.2.0 (Build 69). 

🙂

Mod note: Edited for content: off topic. Please file bugs here to address Adobe Devs, they are not reading in this user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most frustrating thing for me is that I've had this issue with past versions of Premeire and I thought they had fixed it as I hadn't experienced it for probably a year or two. Then, all of the sudden, it's back with version 23. I reverted back to version 22.6.3 (now 22.6.4), and have had no issues. Not sure what they did with version 23, but it definately brought back this bug for me, and apparently quite a few other people. 

I can certainly understand your desire to move over to another software program if it has fewer issues like this. I haven't really looked into DaVinci, but no software is ever bug-free. I would be interested to see if DiVinci users have had a better user experience on average than Premiere Pro users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to revert back to last year's version.

Mod note: Edited for content. To get Adobe devs attention, file a bug here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after the 23.2 update.
I went back to 23.1 but the problem continued.
Looking at all your answers, I tried something that seems to work for me: disabling the Mercury Transmit.
I hope this will help until the next patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't fix the problem either.
And I don't seer this as necessarily hardware related. I have an i9 13k, 128GB DDR5 and all PCIe4 SSDs on Windows 10 with all the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try reverting back to Premiere Pro version 22.6.4? I reverted back and that's the only thing that has fixed these issues for me so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue for many versions, but ig I figure out how to revery I can try that.
I am on 23.2.0 build 69

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open up Creative Cloud, click on the three dots to the right of Premiere Pro and you'll see a menu that includes "Other versions". You can install version 22.6.4 without uninstalling version 23.2.0, just be sure that you're using version 22.6.4. Or, you can uninstall version 23.2.0 first, just to make sure you don't accidently open the wrong version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and now I went back to 22.6.4 and it's super smooth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use version 22.6.4. build 2 - this works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines