• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To change parameter values, I have to move my mouse at a certain speed.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue: When using click and drag to change values, nothing changes unless I move the mouse too quickly

Nothing happens if I try to slowly move my mouse to finely adjust the values. It has nothing to do with holding shift or control. It's similar to a mouse acceleration issue but I have that turned off. Only moving the mouse fast enough allows me to change effects parameters.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Colton

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any ideas for how to resolve this issue?

AFAIK there is no solution to this problem. It has been like this forever and me and others have wished for years that changing parameters in Premiere Pro would be as smooth and easy as it is and have been in After Effects for years. I wish i had a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the autohotkey script linked to in that discussion does work, but all it's really doing, AFAIK, is keeping this value above a certain point.

The "select a pointer speed" value. It has to be on that notch, or maybe one above it.

This means that you need a mouse that can adjust its own "sensitivity" or "dpi" independently from that setting, so that you can have the cursor not going too fast for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, since Adobe seems to have deleted tons of old forum posts, here's an archive of that linked post:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141128004553/https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1440550

And here's the AHK script that I used to use to fix the problem, before I got a mouse that had its own independant DPI setting:

https://github.com/TaranVH/2nd-keyboard/blob/master/Taran's_Premiere_Mods/I_do_not_use/PREMIERE_BUG_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines