Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle full screen not working CC2018

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Ever since CC2018 toggle full screen does not work properly any more - the last NAB update did not fix it. In CC2017 it is still working.

I'm on a single monitor setup and assigned a keyboard shortcut to toggle full screen. It does get me into full screen playback, but I cannot toggle out of it any more. Sometimes I have to hit the keyboard three times and it works, most of the time I have to hit it 10-15 times to go back to the interface. Super annoying and totally breaking my focus.

I'm running an i7-4770K and an AMD Radeon R9 200.

A fresh windows reinstall did not help, so frankly I am out of ideas. Anybody else experiencing this? Anybody some advice on what I could try?

Thank you!

.dustin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

It is, isn't it? Are you mixing and matching languages (keyboard, OS, Premiere) as well? Maybe if we provide some more information we can help the Premiere team solve it...

Based on Jim Simon​'s suggestion I tried assigning a different key and that helped a little. Maybe it'll ease your pain as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use Maximize or Restore Frame Under Cursor and Maximize or Restore Active Frame without any issues. Try to go to Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout and see if that clears the issue for you.

If that dosen´t help, try to reset the Preferences in Premiere Pro. Odd issues can many times be solved by resetting the Preferences: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Did it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Averdahl, thank you for your reply. I can maximize and restore frame under cursor without problems as well... it's the full screen I have trouble with. You know, when the whole screen shows only the video, and no interface at all.

Sadly, resetting the preferences did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assigned a keyboard shortcut to toggle full screen.

Try using the default shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, the default shortcut is not an option for me, as I am running an English language Premiere with a German editing keyboard. But I took your suggestion and tried assigning different keys, usually I use "F2", now I tried "1" instead and it does seem to work better. With "F2" I had to hit the key up to 15 ! times to get back to the interface, now with "1" it is max. three times. Way better. But still not fixed. Why should the key make a difference? Are not all keys created equal? Smells like a bug to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k, got it. On a Swedish keyboard Premiere Pro has Ctrl+Ö assigned to Toggle Full Screen and it works as expected here and i can exit full screen by either pressing Ctrl+Ö or just hitting the ESC key on my keyboard.

Since two keys on the same keyboard behave different it sounds like there is a keyboard issue rather than a Premiere Pro issue. Try to remap lets say Save to your F2 key and see if Premiere Pro saves promtly every time you hit F2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an English language Premiere with a German editing keyboard

Solve that.  Keep everything in German (OS, software, keyboard) or everything in English.  Don't mix and match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too - really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, isn't it? Are you mixing and matching languages (keyboard, OS, Premiere) as well? Maybe if we provide some more information we can help the Premiere team solve it...

Based on Jim Simon​'s suggestion I tried assigning a different key and that helped a little. Maybe it'll ease your pain as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.dustin,

Give that feedback here: Premiere Pro: Hot (961 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier2020 - same errors. Not working nothing, "~" not working in both english and local language, im chek "keyaboard shrotcut" - its binded Ctrl+"~" but its not work too.  Ok, its modern Adobe, im understand. Good enough its not crashed and startup, im can live without full screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.    Most people are working with Premiere without serious issues...  First place to start, does your system meet minimum specs?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Besides editing myself on both macs and windows, I also provide support for a number of clients working in Premiere.  Problems do occasionally arise but they're often operator error (even I screw up sometimes), something awry with the hardware, or a conflict with another program on your system, all of which we can usually troubleshoot and solve.  In some cases, we have to figure out a workaround...    If you want to solve your problem, post back with the info and answers I requested, and we can start digging in to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its i7 8700k, 32gb RAM, 512gb Samsung 970pro, RTX 2080TI . 

Win 10-64 updated, drivers updated. 

Problem in any timeline setting, even FHD 29,97 - crashed on loading project in random basis and full screen togle not worked nowhere. And its even good beacause after second or third launch i can work and finish my work (opposite to photoshop 2021 who is totally broken). 

And its pretty clear - thats is just level of adobe product quality now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall graphic drivers
Thats it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not, its not works, even after few months and few driver updates.

Only thing happen - now Premier crash on startup and maybe starting next time with error and working (or maybe crashed again). 

New photoshop - absolutly disaster, its totally broken but was realised. Quality of adobe product incredible low now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, happy to find this thread and to know I'm not the only one fighting this bug - I can go into full screen with the shortcut no problem, but getting out of full screen doesn't seem to work anymore for the last couple of months now.. when I try to exit (with either Esc, Ctrl-~ or any other key I bind to it) the screen just stays on full screen, with the image frozen, and then when I try again it pops back to the normal interface for a second but then directly jumps back to full screen again (like it registered my attemp to exit, but just didn't do it, and then when I tried agian, it figured I wanted to go back into Ful Screen, so it exited for a sec and then directly put me back in Full Screen again..) I too get stuck in this loop for at least 15 times everytime, and when I finaly do get out it feels like I glitched the glitch somehow (by pressing esc for a very long time for example, but that only works sometimes as well..) it is super annoying! and like you said, toally breaks my focus - did anyone find some kind of solution for this yet...? (I'm on Windows 10,  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon RX 590 8Gb) ~ Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Ryzen 1600 and RX 5500 XT. Did you find any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  

If you create a new project and bring a single clip in, does the toggle full screen work?  Have you tried remapping your keyboard for "toggle full screen" to another keyboard combo with either no modifier key or a different one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 2004

AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 4GB GIGABYTE

AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.2GHZ

32 GB of RAM

Premiere Pro 14.9

Creating new project with single clip didn't fix the problem. Remapping also didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maciejk89301791_0-1620814377202.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no... nothing yet.. I just stopped using Full Screen, and mostly use Maximise Preview Window now (so just the tilda key instead of Ctrl+~). When I do watch full screen, I usually keep slamming the tilda key while trying to get out of Full Screen with Ctrl+~ which usually gets me out of there in 3 to 4 tries - it is annoying though, I used to love whatching my work back in FullScreen without clutter to get a feel of the scene - I suspect it has something to do the AMD graphics card, which also gives a bit of screen tearing in Full Screen.... If someone finds a solution, I'd still be really happy to hear about..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like your graphics card, Radeon RX 590, does not meet required specs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! 🙂 My specific AMD card is indeed not in the "recommended" list, but it does have 8Gb of VRAM, so should meet the required specs..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, i have exactly the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating premiere pro to 15.2 solves the problem in my case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines