• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcode Sequences with only used PORTION of clips

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if my understanding of consolidation is skewed, or if I'm not selecting something properly.  I'm trying to consolidate a project to save space.  I thought that an export via Project Manager selecting "Exclude unused clips" would only save the SECTION of a clip used in the actual sequence, and not the full master clip.  However, when I export such (with small handles), the export is still copying the ENTIRE master clip file.  In other words, if I have a 30 minute clip and I've only used 15 seconds from that master clip, I thought such consolidation would ONLY save the video used in the sequence.  Is my assumption correct, or does Premiere have to re-export the entire master file due to reformat settings selected in the 'consolidate and transcode' section?

Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

exclude unused clips will exclude the clips that are not used in your original project,

and will not exclude trimmed parts of the clip used in the timeline.

You can easily archive large projects by transcoding all relevant files in projects and sequences into an intermediate or mezzanine codec.

Please refer here for your request:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/copy-consolidate-transcode-archive-project.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly it depends on the format of the source footage, some codecs do not work with the consolidation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  It just seems strange to me that if you can export the very same sequence to any video format / codec, why can't that be done via transcode?  Seems to be the same process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exclude unused clips will exclude the clips that are not used in your original project,

and will not exclude trimmed parts of the clip used in the timeline.

You can easily archive large projects by transcoding all relevant files in projects and sequences into an intermediate or mezzanine codec.

Please refer here for your request:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/copy-consolidate-transcode-archive-project.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it thanks to your reference.  I needed to select individual clips as my output selection, not sequence.
It seemed counterintuitive to me coming from an AVID world where "sequence" was the output parameter for media consolidation.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome! no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines