• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ultra Key eyedropper not working on PC

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending an hour on this, I decided to search and realize this has been a problem for many since around 2011.

I just installed the trial Premiere because I wanted to test green screening to see if PP worked better than my older editor.  When I use Ultra Key and use the eyedropper to select my green color, the color choice turns black (regardless of which color I pick with the eye dropper).  I'm *certain* I'm using Ultra Key and the eyedropper correctly.  In fact, if I manually change the color, the green screening works fine --- it's just that the eye dropper isn't working.

Can anyone offer a suggestion here?  thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

oook, so I have 4 monitors on my system, some with different UI scaling. I've noticed similar behavior, where the color the eye dropper tool selects is not accurate. however, it is not always black. it is just a color that is half a screen away from where it should be.

Because I have a cursor click visualization script, I can see what part of the screen premiere is ACTUALLY sampling color from.

Try click+dragging your cursor from the eyedropper, all around the screen and watching the color change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still broken in the 2024 release! My primary editing setup doesn't have any issues across three monitors with the same scaling. But running a Surface Pro with high DPI connected to a vanilla 1920x1080 monitor breaks the eyedropper feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines