• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unresponsive timeline interface and lagging of mouse and keyboard input

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scrubbing the timeline and trying to click on it and working on the video using effects control, i experience unresponsive inputs from my mouse or keyboard.
Clicking outside of premiere is no problem 

This error will periodically come up every 5 or 10 minutes, Premiere does not let me click on videos on the timeline. Pressing hotkeys or space bar does not do anything. Changing the workspace windows causes it to lag out and I am unable to do anything for a few minutes. Then for no reason at all, it works fine again. 

I am editing 4k video .mov, I have not applied effects to the video and I am only sequencing the videos at the moment. 
The project is large, around 500Gb. 
however, i am using proxy files made in the Cineform low res. Toggling between the proxies and the original video i notice that button editor is also slow at changing from blue to gray. I experience the periodic unresponsive input problem when using either proxies or the original footage. 

I experience this problem rendering in both software only and Cuda, having changed the project settings in general, playback. 

Premiere never actually crashes, but sometimes I get a black playback screen. I can hear the video but I can't see it?
Sometimes windows dialogue boxes don't show effects control even when the video is selected, sometimes they turn light gray and show no information. 

Opening up task manager I note that CPU, Memory GPU, and Disk space never exceed 50% 
The only warning I get is power usage very high. 
I use a 750w power supply and using a power supply calculator I determine i only need around 400w in my system. 

I am on 15.2. build 35 
I have experienced this problem on and off for over a month now

If anyone knows what might be causing the Premiere interface to lag out and become unresponsive that would help me out a lot as this issue makes it near impossible for me to work. 

PC 
ASRock Z390 Pro4

Intel I9 9900k 
32 Gb Ram 
GTX 1060 3Gb

Operating System is on SSD Samsung Pro 980 m.2 500GB 
Files are on SSD 860 Evo 1Tb

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ajtaylor89 ,

I've had occasion where custom workspaces have resulted in lag. Check if that is true for you as well.

U have a Space X rocket for a computer 🙂

Let us know how you gi.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on my project using the default assembly workspace and my own custom workspace, the input lag still occurs. This unresponsiveness can last 2 or 3 minutes, it is only in premiere, i can use other applications on my windows pc just fine when this error occurs. 

The mouse clicks do not do anything in the workspace during this time of lag, except I can still click on file, edit, clip, sequence etc in the top menu. 
Some Keyboard inputs still work like space bar, but shortcuts like 'c' or 'v' do not work. 

I have noticed the error occurs when I nest videos in a sequence that have time duration slowed down 
Sequences that do no have nested clips with slowed-down footage do not show this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ajtaylor89 ,

That's valuable info. Thanks for sharing.

I had my Premiere Pro crashing all over the place yesterday. It sorted itself out, once I updated mu Nvidia driver.

Try that and let us know.

Stay safe

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the Nvidia driver manual and that has not resolved my issue. 
I also updated the Samsung SSDs and that also has not worked. 

I am fairly convinced that the issue has something to do with nesting 4k warp stabilized video that has been slowed down into an HD sequence. 
As I have other sequences without nesting and this issue does not occur there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ajtaylor89 ,

I think you're onto something.

Obvious q, but gotta ask. Does Premiere Pro behave if you remove that footage from the sequence?

It'd be easy to test by dulicating the sequence and messing with the copy right?

Pls loop us in on your progress

Stay safe

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting videos cause the timeline interface to not respond to my keyboard and mouse inputs.
I know it is this because by duplicating the sequence and then removing all the nested videos from the duplicate my error goes away. 

I am nesting 4k .mov footage in a HD sequence 

While messing around i found that when the freezing error occurs by clicking on the sequence title in the timeline I can sorta force the timeline to reset and make it work again straight away
It's annoying to have to click on the title every 2 or 3 minutes but that is how I have resolved myself to work through the problem.

Not using nested videos does break my workflow, but i'm trying to do it as little as possible?
Why would nested videos lag out my interface? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly this problem exists since v15.1 ! Adobe just ignores.
Version 15.0 works great for me.
So now just imagine how long it takes for Adobe to react? Thats the reason I will switch to another application soon.
I am absolutely fed up with this! I lost a lot of projects and money just because of bugs in the past!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guys familiar with the Pr Pro User voice?

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Probably worth posting on there as well.

Let us know if you make progess please, so we can help others with this issue.

Be safe

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines