• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to cc 2019 must have internet connection at all times or apps will not work.

Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have been using adobe products since CS3 and when the creative cloud came out one major conncern was what if you have to edit on set or in a place without internet connection... Adobe said no worries you can work offline...

Here is the article explaing it... currently its still up - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

I have had a few chats with customer service agents and they say that article is old and there is no new article to explain the new policy. But that with 2019 apps you must have a internet connection at all times to use the app. Again I cant find any place where this was explained to the public of why they are doing this and what to do if your workflow requires offline work.

This is BS adobe!!!! You tried to sneek this under the rug from us... Since the current documentation is still up it is deciving customers as to how they can use adobe apps and I think that is or should be against the law.

This is probably finally the push i need to fully move over to black magic software... * * Adobe!!! 

[Moderator note: there is no need nor allowance for profane language on this professional public forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are supposed to be able to check in every few months, I forget the time period, without issue.

I certainly work on my laptop without any internet connection every week, without any issue. With a bunch of Adobe apps.

So ... this is NOT an Adobe policy, if your system isn't allowing you to work without an internet connection, something is wrong in your system. I'm not even sure what it would be, so I hope someone else can chime in with a suggestion.

So ... you are disconnected, and when you launch an app, it gives you a message or something?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared the article above that lists out the time periods... 

Customer service says if you are using 2018 apps then you are not affected... its 2019 and going forward 

I could just downgrade to 2018 for what I need to do but that means Adobe is a dead end for me... Eventually I will have to update and if there software going forward is going to require a internet connection to run then that means no way to work offline... DOA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first i heard.

You are suppose to be able to work offline.

I tried it with my mac; turned internet off and fired Pr up. Able to import and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working in a place where there are IT guys in charge,

check with them for any applied restrictions(antivirus, firewall etc...). i guess you need to be 

online to be able to update or so... but you should be able to use premiere pro offline

i tried and its working fine offline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PR 2019, latest version (2019.1.5) on PC. I disconnected internet, launched PR 2019; no issues.

This would not be the first time customer support has provided wrong information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly agree, Adobe got to strongly curate customer support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need constant connectivity, but if you get logged out for some reason and you're in the boondocks, you're SOL. It already happened to one of the reporters at my sister station. They had to drive do a coffee shop to reauthenticate the Creative Cloud session. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that what I am talking about... In 2018 you had the option to hit the "remind me later" button and get what you need to get done then log back in next time you have internet... But now with 2019 if you don't know to launch all your apps before you loose internet you end up having to do what your sisters crew did... Just super annoying!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That document says you can run offline for a month for those on a monthly plan or 99 day for those on a yearly plan.

Neither is even close to requiring constant connections for use. As the others gave posted, I routinely work in disconnected mode. With a ton of 2019 apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time my editing computer is conneted to the internet is to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 12.06.57 PM.png

You can see it is missing the "remind me later" button and just has "try again" or "quit"

I think the change is per application (maybe I remember incorrectly) but I remember always being able to launch the app with the remind me later button. Now you have to lanch an app at the first time with internet then you can dissconnect. 

When I downloaded Premiere, AE, Photoshop, Media Encoder... I only had lanched Premiere and AE while still connected to the internet. So when the internet was dissconnected and I tried to launch Photoshop I got the dialog box to "try again" with internet or "quit". But if I reconnect the internet then laucnh Photoshop then close it and then disconnect the internet again. Photoshop will now launch without internet.

Weird Gotcha with the new 2019 apps...  Because in 2018 you could download the apps and if you havnt used and app yet and were offline you could still launch it. Now your completly locked out.

Thanks for everyones replies... Glad tech support is inccorect on this... Jeshh Adobe get it toghether...

p.s. here is the reply from tech support that got me heated -

Adobe - The article you are sharing is last update in 2018, let me share 2019 update Adobe Won't work without internet connection you are on 2019 apps, with the update cloud app.' 

Me - what? what if I am on location and there is no internet???

Adobe - Then you won't be able to use Adobe Apps without internet.

They also never supplied a new updated doc on Internet connectivity... One last funny thing is in the picture above they offer a link to a trouble shooting guide.. But the dialog is coming up becuase you have no internet... So how could you connect to their trouble shooting guide... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever open PS before disconnecting from the internet. If you had never opened PS before and don't have an internet connection that Adobe app can't check the license for that program. Even if you are signed in to the CC desktop app and other Adobe CC apps. Without being able to connect to the Adobe servers the app has no idea if you qualify to use that program.

Even if it was to Trial the program. It first need to connect to the Adobe servers to check the license.

Connect to the internet, open all your Adobe app, One at a time, Sign in if you need to. Close them down then disconnect from the internet and then try opening each one, one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... Its just in 2018 you didnt have to do that... Also customer support was inccorect... Should have just come to the forums first... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally you would be connected to the internet to download and then install the programs. Then IMHO a Normal Person would open the apps they just downlaoded and installed to either check it out or to Set It Up the way they like it.

so at that time the apps would check the licenses to either grant you access as a valid subscriber or put it into Trial Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines