• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V.15 100% cpu usage on project load (3970X Threadripper)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to v.15 my 3970x CPU goes to 100% on project opening and crashes. This happens on projects converted from 14.9 as well as brand new v.15 projects as soon as I import any media. If I open the same project in 14.9 it doesnt do this at all. Something definitely is not right with the CPU optimization in V.15

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing an odd variation of H.264? Does it have a variable frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is with all cineform files. It shouldnt matter though, becuase 14.9 works great and doing the same thing in 15 causes a crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and the same CPU, 3970x, not only is it being used 100% on project startups, but also during playbacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Blank project, new video loaded and immediate max out of memory, followed by freezing. grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope Adobe puts it after that and optimizes it for threadripper. I bought the cpu to render. but Adobe doesn't really support it. I'm already thinking of using a different program for video editing. It is probably not difficult to go according to customer requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines