• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical sequences losing quality

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really struggling for a while now. I'm creating this vertical sequence (607x1080) and when I import a file it automaticly scales the footage to the sequence width. Then I scale it up to 317% (that is filling the sequence height and then I'm really losing a lot of quality. The result is a video with lots of aliasing and I don't seem to understand why. Even 4K footage I'll have to scale up and loose a lot of quality. Anybody knows what's happening?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have 'Scale to frame size' activated, the clip scale will be set to 100%, and you have lost the resolution.

Right click on you clip and choose 'Set to frame size'.

When you do this, the 'Scale' parameter in the Effect Controls panel will adjust to accomodate (and should now be less than 100%) and you can now scale your clip up using all the available resolution in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you don't have default 'SCALE to frame size', As Mike said, use SET to frame size, or turn this option off and do it manually when you drop it on the timeline. I prefer mine set to SET...

MyerPj_0-1708631455854.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines