Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Pixelates / Tears after Import

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

When I import my Screen Recordings they tear and pixelate in random places at random times. When I watch back the video in Quicktime it is perfect quality and nothing is wrong with it. I am Adding a photo to show an example of the tear / pixelation.

If anybody has any thoughts or ideas I would love to try its really bugging me and has degraded the quality of my last few videos.

Thank you guys for your time,

Sam

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.14.45 AM.png

Here is the photo it looks like the main post link does not work!

When I import my Screen Recordings they tear and pixelate in random places at random times. When I watch back the video in Quicktime it is perfect quality and nothing is wrong with it. You can specifically see the pixelation on the right side.

(Just incase you didn't see the main post)

Thanks again,

Sam

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on PP 2020. It never happened before, so please dont ask us to add another step to our workflow just because it is a bug in PP. The point is sometimes we need to continue workflow on so many projects that we dont have time to have to always convert anything. Please let us know if there was a fix on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear I am having these issues on MP4's now. It is the first project I am editing in PP on my new m1 Pro with 32gb Memory. All setting aare exactly as I have had them on my imac without this issue occuring. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide the Mediainfo information Peru Bob mentioned. I'm guessing you're using VFR footage, we're trying to confirm that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you change the Playback Resoulution from 1/4 to Full?

Averdahl_0-1600442959918.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly thats just playback quality. When I Import into the Premiere thats when it gets damaged. When I Double click it in my Project Panel to watch the footage before putting it into the timeline it already has the pixelation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the info Peru Bob asked for from MediaInfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines