• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback at half speed while audio remains normal (PP 13.0.3)

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Premiere Pro 13.0.3 that happens with every single project I have.

When I open a project all the playback monitors will bug out after a random amount of time (anywhere from 5 mins to couple of hours) in a way that will affect any video playback.

When I'm playing video clips they will suddenly start playing at half speed but the audio will remain normal speed which means that they will be out of sync and the audio will end at exactly halfway through the clip. I have tried doubling the playback speed (note that I never slowed it down myself) which will play the video at normal speed but the audio will also be double speed. This behaviour happens in source monitor as well as program monitor and timeline and with any video clips I have imported (mp4, mxf etc.). After the bug happens the only way to fix it is to close and re-open the project but after a while the problem comes back randomly.

It is an extremely annoying problem that is making editing impossible at the moment. As it stands I am thinking of reinstalling the software because I can't continue like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set input in the audio hardware in the Preferences to None.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought as well initially but it has had no effect unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TapioRL,

Can we get a lot more info about your system, OS, GPU, media drive, source media, etc.?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Here are my system specs. I should have of course included them in my previous post, sorry for the inconvenience.

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

32GB RAM

256GB SSD, 4TB HDD, 6TB HDD

Windows and programs are installed on the SSD, HDD's work as media drives.

I'm using the latest versions of Creative Cloud software.

As I said, source media can be whatever, the problem comes back nevertheless. The most common material however is XAVC-S 4K 25p 100Mbps (.mp4) shot with Sony A7sII and/or XAVC HD 50p 60Mbps (.mxf) shot with Sony FS5. The project sequences we work with are 1080 25p but it shouldn't be an issue because the bug happens even if no sequence has been created when browsing the video files on source monitor.

The problem comes up occasionally on another PC too that has similar specs. No projects have been shared or transferred between the PC's so it's not project related.

This is a bug that has only come up in the last couple of months - can't remember when it started exactly but I don't think it appeared before updating to 2019 version of Premiere Pro.

~Tapio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing your cpu (7 years old!) cannot handle the footage.

Might want to consider using Proxies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Ann,

Proxies are actually part of our workflow already. Like I said, everything works fine until the bug appears randomly after anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours of editing and is fixed by restarting the project. And it has happened with very light weight files as well so I don't believe the issue is with CPU not handling the files. More so the CPU not handling something in the software correctly because everything worked fine in 2018 and earlier versions. This is something that has been happening increasingly only in the last couple of months.

I'm guessing a reinstall could fix the issue but I'm willing to wait for a bit in case it is something that can be fixed without reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines