• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video quality is destroyed when exporting in premier pro

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ive this problem that i cant find a solution to anywhere. I have a video loaded in premier pro that been colour graded and looks perfect in the preview. But when it is exported in a h.264 file in the highest quality, the image is over exposed, heavily grainy, and looks way too sharp. However you can see the lut is still applied so i know it isnt a problem with it and i also removed the lut and exported and still has the same problem. The preview on premier pro looks cinematic but it ends up looking like a very amateur camera phone video. I've tried exporting with every version of h.264 and they all still are blown out. is there something im missing?

The top image is the image as viewed on premier pro and the bottom is the exported 1080p h.264 file.

pretty picture (2).pngugly picture.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Jamie LeJeune has it right in the following thread from the Blackmagic forums.  He's specifically talking about Resolve, but the idea holds true for all NLEs.  The upshot is, "The only image you can trust is to run SDI out to an accurately calibrated reference monitor."

http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can appreciate that when previewing the timeline via the Premiere GUI on an inexpensive monitor, we are not seeing what the image "really" looks like- BUT

what I don't understand is why the rendered, exported h.264 file, when placed on the timeline and viewed through the same monitor, looks different than the preview of the original graded footage.

The example above seems pretty striking

That has not been my own usual experience with Premiere: normally what I see on my exported file preview looks like my edited timeline preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your two stills are different resolutions, are you sure your exports are correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting with HW in the latest version of the program has lower quality than previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines