• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro 22.5!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.5!Welcome to Premiere Pro 22.5!

Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro 22.5!

Update Icon.png

Hello and welcome to the June release of Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 22.5 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop app. The new features include:

• Essentials workspace & Vertical Video workspace
  • Proxy improvements:
    • Proxy badges in the Project panel and Timeline
    • Burn-in option for watermarking proxies
  • Gradients for strokes and shadows
  • Improved H264/HEVC Encoding on Apple M1 systems
  • GPU acceleration for the following effects: Magnify, Replicate, Spherize, and Warp Wave
  • Support for RED V-RAPTOR
  • Paste to same track keyboard shortcuts

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your problem rather than placing it here so that we can help. If you have a bug to report or any complaint, please do that on User Voice. 

New Features in Premiere Pro 22.5

New workspaces

The new Essentials workspaceThe new Essentials workspace

Premiere Pro now supports two new workspaces: Essentials and Vertical Video. 

• Essentials: Provides only the essential panels needed for basic editing.
  • Vertical Video: Provides the ideal layout for working with Vertical Video.

For more information, see:

New Essentials workspace
New Vertical Video workspace

Proxy improvements

New features for proxies, like badges and watermarkingNew features for proxies, like badges and watermarking

Premiere Pro 22.5 has a few new features related to proxies of note: proxy badges and watermarks. These features assist you with visual cues as to whether you have proxies enabled or not. 

• Proxy badges in the Project panel and Timeline: Proxy badges in the Project panel and the Timeline show you a quick visual cue if proxies are enabled in the UI.
  • Burn-in option for watermarking proxies: You can now automatically add a burned-in watermark for proxies. You no longer have to customize an encoding preset to add a simple watermark. The watermark is seen onscreen in the Program Monitor if proxies are enabled.

Proxy Workflow improvements

Gradients for strokes and shadows

New gradients for strokes and shadowsNew gradients for strokes and shadows

There are now choices for gradients in strokes and shadows so that you can create even more custom looks for text and shapes.

The following are now available:

• Color Radial Gradient
  • Color Linear Gradient
  • Opacity Radial Gradient
  • Opacity Linear Gradient

Color Picker fine-tunes color for shadows and strokesColor Picker fine-tunes color for shadows and strokes

Select Shadow or Stroke in the Essential Graphics panel and click the color chip. Then use Color Picker to customize the color for shadows and strokes.

Gradients for Strokes and Shadows 
Apply Gradients to Text and Shapes

Improved H264/HEVC Encoding on Apple M1 systems

Premiere Pro now has improved the quality of H264/HEVC files encoded on Apple M1 systems.
For more information, refer to this link.

New GPU acceleration for effects

GPU acceleration has been added for the following effects:

• Magnify, Replicate, Spherize, and Warp Wave

Support for RED V-RAPTOR camera

Premiere Pro now offers support for RED V-RAPTOR cameras.

Paste to same track keyboard shortcuts
When copying and pasting assets in a timeline, Premiere Pro now defaults to pasting items to the same track instead of always pasting according to track targeting.  This new functionality can be accessed via four new assignable keyboard shortcuts.

• Paste to Same Track

• Paste Insert to Same Track

• Paste to Target Track

• Paste Insert to Target Track

Premiere Pro Beta

Your feedback and involvement make Premiere Pro a better application. I wanted to thank all of you for contributing to providing input for the Premiere Pro Beta on the forums and User Voice. Thank you!
Go here to learn more about the new features discussed in the Premiere Pro Beta community.

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 22.5 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this update, I finally started loading Pr/AE normally quickly. In version 22.4, I waited for applications to load for about 1 minute, clocked by the hands of the clock. Funny of course. But, thank you for eliminating this oversight. Now I am mounting in the new Essential workspace, everything is good. However, I still don't understand why they did it, since Premiere allows you to customize the areas for yourself. I generally vote for hard workspaces. Each step in creating a product should lie in its own area, without the possibility of change. Once we have made Essential, let the developers make a workspace for working with metadata. The very initial area where you can filter the material, give the media status, group by data and immediately mark them with color. There will be an idea: in which location, on which camera and on what day it was filmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks separately to the developers for the long-awaited and very important fix for playing Playheads on the timeline at double speed and higher. After five updates, the stuttering disappeared. Keep it up, guys. A new update is dedicated to everyone who suffered )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with this version. Half of the video project created in version 22.4 stops working in version 22.5, I had to install the old version and then attach the video files because they were out of sync. I have Windows 11, 32 RAM, GTX 1050 ti , Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One small (minor) gripe:

It'd be great if updates didn't wipe out our "Edit Workspaces" menu (ie. what we have placed in "Menu" or "Do Not Show" and their listed order).

I'm assuming this might just be a one-off as new default workspaces were added in 22.5, but it's a bit of a pain to have to drag the now 14 default workspaces into place just so I can restore my menu bar the way I had it before.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting, Sumeet!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still have the same issues with MXF files and Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file. Was this addressed in this update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I found a couple of issues related to certain panels. Performance issues if the Libary panel is open. Stability issues when editing captions when the text panel is open. Closing these two panels remedies these issues for me. I'm on macOS Catalina and 22.5.

I hope you are all well. I am officially on leave right now, so editing more in my spare time. 🙂

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear, Kevin. So other Mac users will be aware of this problem. You need to solve it right away, so as not to throw it from update to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let the team know. 

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin-

Has the bug with exporting timelines with MXF media been fixed with this update? This is a huge problem for many of us and switching to "Software Only" mode is simply crackers and not viable for professional editors. There has been no Adobe response to the bug report since April!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on leave right now and not in the office until next week. You can contact @Sumeet Kumar Choubey for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update of premiere come with a problem, issue or bug... now i have a pack of transitions of Kyller Holland, before update all transitions work perfect now... its a disaster! please help me or do somthing to fix... its disgusting... adobe make harderd witch any upgrade...''

Moderator note: please avoid profanity, even if implied with initals. We have minors reading here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to the publisher of the plug-in to see if and when they plan to update the plug in.  Can't realistically expect Adobe to check the compatability of 3rd party plugins with an update...  In the meantime, you can revert to the previous version of premiere in which the plug-in functioned properly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted back to previous version. No third party plug in used, simple grades in Lumetri. Source is MXF file from Canon C300 Mark lll, timeline is 23.976 @1080. Thanks for the reply.

[cid:2f37073a-a7c7-4966-9336-19453be6d512]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP just updated to 22.5. Now LUTS applied to clips have contrast shifts once rendered. Timeline exports with improper color correction as well. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having huge slowdowns pushing exports from PR to ME? It was a pretty snappy process in the last version, but this update has ME hanging for 5 minutes at a time as I'm pushing over 3-minute videos over from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashes like there's no tomorrow. Media Encoder .. crash, Premiere simple roate ... crash !
Why why why ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Everyone's not experience these issues...    And no reason why you shouldn't revert to the previous version that was working....  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shuld have mentioned that by crash I mean total wipeout, complete system crash and computer reset.
Lightroom the same. Trying to export some JPGs and bam, reboot. It's a computer, good enoough until this upgrade. Don't blame my computer and my OS and what not. It's like, how short was my skirt question and what was I doing out that late in the night, that's why I got assulted. It's a computer , that's all you need to know and it Adobe shouldn't crash like a turd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth (in the latest update) when you select a video in the timeline (that has linked audio) why doesn't it select the audio track at the same time. This used to make it super easy to cut and edit clips.  Now you have to manually select both clips.  If your timeline is jam-packed, this actually makes editing take longer.  I even right-clicked on the video file and the audio and video are linked and they were.

Randune23_0-1656915752102.png

Help me Adobe Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the same icon responsible for the connection of the clip and audio. 

Screenshot 2022-07-04 113652.jpg

 Please enjoy ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I don't know why with the last update it turned this feature off but it was super frustrating during my editing process.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I instal previous version I can't fint it anymore.

Some of my effect preset doesn't work in new version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to the creative cloud app and opposite current version of premiere pro,  click on the three dots on the far right (the ellipsis).Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.03.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines