• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I add video part of clip in timeline, but audio is adding?

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s unusual but when I try to add second (and more) track, video is not adding in project. However, in “source” panel I can see video, and video is not adding in timeline, only audio.

This issue doesn't appears in previus versions of Premiere pro, such as 14.1. Снимок экрана (77).png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

When you're adding a video clip into your timeline, you're ending up with just audio because in your Timeline you have Source Patching video disabled (on my screenshot I have it enabled:

MarekMularczyk_0-1613727828043.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're adding a video clip into your timeline, you're ending up with just audio because in your Timeline you have Source Patching video disabled (on my screenshot I have it enabled:

MarekMularczyk_0-1613727828043.png

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! But I don't understand why this option is disabled by default in new versions, and in 14.1 this is enabled 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always happy to help! 🙂

It's not normally disabled and I haven't had this issue before but I see this happen quite often when I deliver Premiere training. So it may be a glitch 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a little tip, Bulat. You will always need to keep an eye on source patching, no matter which system you are editing with. Premiere Pro seems to get out of it's automatic patching mode when you try to add an audio only clip or the footage comes from a questionable source, like a webcam, mobile device, or screen capture. Yes, always look at the timeline for patching before dragging. Always!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This was exactly my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It has been driving me crazy.

Blessings, 

Jolette 💙:butterfly::dolphin::heart_suit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is yours for comparison so you can see what I'm talking about 😉  :

MarekMularczyk_0-1613727891483.png

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this highlighted in the picture you showed previously. Do you know maybe of another reason why this could be. When I drag the clips to the "folded paper icon" at the bottom of imported media page it opens a new timeline with that video but if I drag it to the timeline to connect it to another video it shows the "can't do it" hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late to the party...  I *think* in the past I had that happened with the sequence settings would incompatible with the clip.  It has been a long time and I can't recall any details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines