• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my search bar grayed out and unusable?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a month editing, today I found the search box is gray and does not let it write inside.

It is a useful tool to search among a large volume of material.

Captura de pantalla 2018-04-05 a les 10.49.54.png

I tried two lastest versions of Premiere & also I've cleaned & restored Cache's folders & still doesn't works.

Who knows why it has been disabled?

Or how can it be activated again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

The fix should be in the 12.1.2 update that was released last night (July 16).

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your entire interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2018-04-06 a les 8.25.03.pngCC.pngPremiere.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My search Bar is Greyed out also.

I cant send a JPG to Photoshop any more also??

Ive updated to the new update in hopes the Ripple Tool would be fixed. But its still broken.... Gurrr!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too (windows).

And yes the ripple tool is still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows here too!

Can you Send a JPG to Photoshop Ann?

I think the Ripple tool is the cause of a lot of my crashed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beverlym1978  wrote

Can you Send a JPG to Photoshop Ann?

Yes no problem

The ripple tool does not make my system crash.

It does not crash at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is playing up today....

I find when I use the ripple tool its stops Playback and I have to save and restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jordim77196103 

Thank you for posting the full screenshot, it was really helpful. I was able to reproduce your problem, but interestingly enough, only once.

Looking at your screenshot showed two thing:

1) You have your Mac menu bar on your left monitor (the same one with the Search Bar)

2) You have the "Displays have separate Spaces" option turned off inside the Mission Control section of your System Preferences.

I have it turned on, which means I have menu bars on both monitors. I turned it off, logged out, logged back in, then moved my Menu Bar over to my left monitor where my Search Bar also is, started Premiere, and my search bar was grayed out.

Can you try one of two things?

1) First, go to your System Preferences>Displays>Arrangement and move your Menu Bar to the other monitor? Note, this might mess up your desktop icons

2) If that doesn't fix the problem go to System Preferences>Mission Control and turn on "Displays have separate Space." You'll have to log out to enable this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting up PP today, I noticed that the Search box in the Project panel was gray.  After a brief moment, it activated and turned normal.

I wonder if yours is somehow getting "stuck" and just not turning itself on when it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is acting up too, now its ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone should up-vote this bug in the new bug tracker: Version 12.1.0 (186) Bug – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, try what I did (see April 5, 2018 post) when it happened to me: Project panel search bar greyed out

Close all your projects and create a new project from scratch. The Search field should be clickable/usable. Then when you reopen your earlier project(s), the search field should be (?) back to its usual, usable self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stefan  - This didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stefan. This didn't work for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be only with converted projects not new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re converted projects, the search box is always activated for me. I do see the brief greyed out appearance Jim describes, but it always is active once the project loads. (These are tiny test projects.)

I opened (converted) projects from 2017.1.4 and 2018.0 (probably 2018.0.1). None had problems.

Right after installing 2018.1, I created a new project. It makes me wonder if this is only a problem until a new project has been created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about this in the new bug/feature request form: Search box occasionally unusable – Adobe video & audio app feedback

Feel free to add your own comments and upvote it so it gets the attention it deserves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These buggy updates are killing us.  There needs to be beta testing before release of new updates.  The model is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the cloud and install the previous version --- till they fix it -- worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Saved original project with new name, closed it, opened a brand new project (for which search bar worked properly), closed it and re-opened original project and the search bar then appeared, working properly. PProCC v12.0, Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew, been a little concerned I wasn't going to get this fixed but what you've suggested seems to have bought my search bar back to life. Very frustrating little bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this made it work for me. I had to close the newly created project before opening the one with the problem again. If I did not close it before, the search wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I RELY ON THIS SEARCH BAR - IT'S CRITICAL THAT I GET IT WORKING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still now working. I started a New and still no good.

Very annoying, and the Ripple Edit tool is still broken.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines