Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WINDOWS 10 Can not update CC 2014 TO 2014.1

it says Up to date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

This fixes the installation problem..

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this Windows 10? The one for which only a technical preview is currently available--and that was made available only a few days ago? The one that will not be released until sometime in 2015?

If so, that's what you're referring to, then about all I can say is "Oh."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes the installation problem..

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem on Windows 8.1. I can't update Premiere 2014 to 2014.1. It says it is up to date. While on Mac I updated with no problem. Now my projects are not compatibles on my Mac and Windows 8.1 computers. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Premiere CC2014 through Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then install through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I just have done like you said and after reinstalling it through CC I got 2014 version not the latest 2014.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed windows 8.1 in a VM and CC 2014. It too wouldn't let me update to 2014.1 for AE or Media Encoder. The VM was for testing purposes, but my other machines on other OS's update fine. It appears to be hit and miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolve the problem with deleting all Adobe files and folders from my laptop and then installing CC again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot (4).pngwhy am i still experiencing this problem after changing the compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC 2014. After installing latest Windows 10 build, 10041, my Premiere crashed. I ran Windows 10 troubleshooter and it notified that software is incompatible with Windows 10. I also went to Properties-->Compability Mode, marked box and chose Windows 8 mode. Didn't work. All my drivers are also up to date.
I don't want to reinstall Windows 8 again in order to use Premiere.

I know this problem is not solved overnight. But since many people are switching to Windows 10, i wish there will be correspondence between Adobe and Micrsoft about software compability issues. Even more so, considering collaboration between the two in upcoming Spartan browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at switching to Windows 10 in the next couple months, since there's been a healthy number of fixes and updates to it.  Of course, I don't expect Adobe staff to provide support for it right now, but I'll be keeping an eye out for workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now 2015. Windows 10 Launch is only a few months off. Adobe Creative Cloud Suite will not even open.

oops.PNG

this is what it looks like whenever you try to open it.

Does adobe have any plans to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really bad.
I've no problems running Lightwave 3D and PoserPro on my new computer (windows 10, build 10074)
But Adobe CC won't even start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mattiasl5698422 wrote:

This is really bad.
I've no problems running Lightwave 3D and PoserPro on my new computer (windows 10, build 10074)
But Adobe CC won't even start.

Hi Mattias,

Interesting, there are other reports of no issues with Creative Cloud and Windows 10 build 10074...

Have you tried making the CC application(s) start in Compatibility Mode, per Shilon's suggestion above?

That will make CC run as if it were still on Windows 7 or 8.  Here's how to do it:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows - Windows Help

Note that Windows 10 is still preliminary/"preview" software, and the final/official version won't be released until July 29th...  So it may be best not to trust it with your production work quite yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem and the WMVCORE.DLL fix doesn't work.

Tried to download latest version of CC and the installation stops - 'installation has stopped working' message and then hangs.

Tried uninstalling CC, but get message that it can't because other CC apps need it.

Don't want to because it's hassle, but does this mean that I have to uninstall all the CC apps, then uninstall CC, then reinstall everything?

What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark

I used to think that Windows users were smarter and more rational than MAC users with their compulsion to up date O.S. that superceded their application versions.

Guess ( and proven)  I was wrong.

Fix it til its broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For people finding this thread looking for a windows 10 solution, here it is:

(I had this problem after installing Windows 10 and I found a solution and made a video about it, only takes less than 2 minutes because I don't want to waste your time )

Adobe Premiere Windows 10 WMVCORE.DLL missing quick fix (-2 min) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any magic for Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG so here is my back ass way of doing it! Went to Adobes site like I was DL CC for the first time. Usually it would detect that it was already installed. this time the error was: an installer was already running. Couldn't see anything working, so I went into task manager. There I stopped everything that was CC related. Then restarted the installation of the most recent DL. Clicked on CC and it opened right away. Clicked on update photoshop 2015 and it started!

Now where it stalls out, about 35% it will give you a laughable error. "Conflict, photoshop.exe 2014). Ugh really, so just go in and delete it, and hit continue.

So essentially it's a manual update, all the way through! LOL

My problems started when I just opened CC just to grab a font and I saw there was an update, and then every thing froze. Then this morning it wouldn't even open. Because the most annoying thing is that you can't uninstall CC! Dumb. Because 9 times out of 10 its just to reinstall to fix srap like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines