• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 Pro Blue screen after starting export. (Stopcode - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built this PC yesterday. When going to export a video, windows locks up and blue screens and gives the stop code -  WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

The specs for this pc is

CPU: Intel i7 7820x

Video Card: MSI GTX 1080 TI

RAM - 32 GB Corsair Vengence

Motherboard - MSI X299 RAIDER

Cooler - Corsair H100i V2

PP is installed on a M.2 SSD

I have ran multiple stress tests on the PC with 3D Mark and Prime95 with no crashes so its not a hardware issue. This is only isolated to Adobe PP and Media Encoder. I'm guessing the problem is because of the new CPU and Adobe hasn't supported it fully. I need this to work because i use it to edit videos for my job.

I need a fix ASAP

Thanks,

Marcelo

EDIT: It looks like this problem happens when audio is rendered (.WAV Format in the timeline). Video is not having a problem rendering alone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check your sound gear on that computer, drivers & such.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled windows clean and downloaded all drivers. Now PP blue screens when launched with the same error. I have tried changing GPU, didn't fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the causes for that error are bad hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I just bought the same CPU and an MSI Tomahawk motherboard. BSOD all the time. I could only get it to stop if I turned off turbo boost in the BIOS. So I returned it for an Asrock Taichi and I'm rendering my first project with the new computer without any problems. There is a problem with x299 motherboards from MSI it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am having the same problem. Same CPU, Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 3

All Adobe Products create bsod...

No solution yet...

But it works on safe mode

Some help from adobe would be nice !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s a sound issue too. I’m using x299 (Asus x299-e gaming + 7820x) and have been crashing with a black magic intensity card.

try to change your default audio device in windows.

click windows key and type sound. disable all your audio inputs by right clicking them. Also use device mgr and disable audio devices.  Experiment with all your devices and always open

your adobe app with alt + shift pressed (should prevent crash) until you figure out source of the problem.

i seemed to have solved my problem when the only audio device I have enabled is my blackmagic intensity and all other devices and inputs disabled, but it took a lot of tinkering around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same processor, ASUS X299 Prime mobo and I also get BSODs with the same error message. GPU is a Quadro P2000. Only difference is I get it in Photoshop (I don't use Premier) so audio is not the issue for me. I run all sorts of system intensive 3D apps like 3Ds.Max, Rhinoceros etc. and no issues. I run a Samsung 960 M.2 as my primary disk also used for scratch disk. Anyone else using M.2 for scratch? Maybe that's another variable to explore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samsung m.2 drives are normally quite superior actually for the Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have one PC with the 960 M2 as well, but another one with a conventional Sata SSD, same problem...

Again, a little bit of help or at least a "this is a know issue with X299 platforms and we are working on it" from adobe would be nice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a lot of X299 users though that aren't having issues with the Adobe programs ... there's a ton of "99's" in use. Now, that specific Asus version of a "99" I wouldn't know about. I'm running a different Asus though I can't recall the complete name, it's a "99" variant board also, from a few months back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have overcome my issues. I tried all of these things in unison:

1. Removed affected Adobe app (in my case Photoshop) and reinstalled from Adobe Creative Cloud.

2. Ensure you have the latest BIOS from the manufacturers website. My ASUS auto update software said it was up to date but there was a newer version on the ASUS website, so check your manufacturers site manually. Same goes for all 3rd party vendors such as graphics and audio drivers - go to their websites rather than relying on Windows update.

3. I meticulously went through the BIOS settings to ensure that no overclocking was being done by selecting each and every option for manual override of processor options. Also specified my RAM clock speed as per the manufacturers default value of 3000MHz. (I have Corsair Vengeance also).

4. I removed my NVidia Quadro GPU's ability to perform computational tasks, setting it to graphics processing only.

5. Ran a WinSAT formal test from the command prompt to ensure all scores were looking as they should.

No issues for the past 24hrs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues on my Aorus Gaming 3 with I7 7820x (Whea_Uncorrectable_Error)

Followed all the advice here - including driver updates, turning off intel turbo boost and adjusted BIOS settings.

One thing that seemed to work on my system - which may or may not work / apply to yours - but could be worth a try is I had my RAM on XMP Profile 1. I took this off (even though my memory is XMP supported) and I was able to render out. With it on - When I started rendering it would completely freeze the MB and eventually change to error DPC_Watchdog_Violation (which is usually a SSD controller issue (but my drivers for SSD's were correct)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open adobe on this new build it crashes with the same error.

Specs:

Intel i9-7920X (stock frequencies)

Gigabyte/Aurus X299 Gaming 9 (latest bios)

Zotac 1080 Ti Amp Extreme

64GB Ballistix 2400mhz

Intel 600P 1TB NVME M.2

2x 2TB Seagate HDD's

RED rocket card

ATTO card

TB3 add-on card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Disabling Turbo Boost in BIOS and uninstalling Intel Turbo Boost 3.0 also solved this issue for me.

Seems like there might indeed be something strange going on with Adobe programs and x299 chipset and/or latest Intel processors. We bought three identical setups and installed the same program versions to each one. One of the computers keeps crashing and giving the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when using Adobe's software. Used program doesn't really seem to matter, both Photoshop and After Effects cause the crash almost immediately.

This could be a hardware error as well since two other computers work fine, but so far I haven't noticed other software causing any crashes. EDIT: It turned out all of these rigs had the same issue. Solution: turning off Turboboost OR increasing Vcore voltage to 1.20V and enabling Adaptive Mode in BIOS.

Specs:

W10 Pro 64-bit

i7-7820X

MSI Tomahawk Arctic x299 + latest BIOS

64GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz

EVGA GTX 1080

1TB M.2 SSD, 2TB SATA SSD and 6TB SATA RAID-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro, Did you resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Encoding a video in Adobe Media Encoder gives me a bluescreen with "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR". In an attempt to isolate the problem, I stress tested my system to the max with some other applications (full CPU and GPU load at highest temperatures), and NOTHING else will trigger this error except for Adobe Media Encoder.

I followed the advice in this thread, and it seems that I have eliminated the problem by setting an AVX offset of 5 in the BIOS, and also disabling "MSI Enhanced Turbo Boost as well". Interestingly, with these two modifications, I am able to keep the primary Turbo Boost functionality turned on, as well as the Turbo Boost Max application in Windows.

System:

W10 Home 64 bit
i7-7820X
MSI X299 Raider +latest BIOS
128GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 MHz

EVGA GTX 1080Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same. Disabled Mobo manufacturers BIOS boost settings and the Intel boost mode is still running happily with no crashes for a week. Boost software/firmware must be in conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you

i7-7820x

ASUS x299-prime-a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar issues

Photoshop cause win10 BOSD "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

I Uninstall "Intel Turbo Boost 3.0" app

Set AVX offset on -5 and AVX512 offset on -5

But keep "TURBO BOOST" on in BIOS

It works fine , no more BOSD

7820x All core 4.5GHz

PRIME X299 Deluxe

HyperX DDR-3000(XMP) 16GB*4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines