• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to see audio waveform and video in source window

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to see a waveform and the video at the same time.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
We are exploring this! Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
103 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give me the option of viewing the waveform for a piece of video launched in the source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can already do this. Click the waveform icon at the bottom center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But not both together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing TV, Reality, Digital, even social, it can be more useful to edit by looking at the wave forms, and can be faster to find the point in a shot where dialogue starts and stops, instead of just sliding and hunting for the moment, and miss a soundbite. BUT it's also hard to catch a mciro reaction in the footage when you're only putting in and outs via the waveforms, so to be able to have both visible at the same time AND being able to choose to link the controls or separate them or link them would save a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Resolve has this and it's awesome.

Tip in case you didn't know - if you click the "video only" or "audio only" buttons that are normally used to drag audio/video into the timeline, it will switch the source monitor between the picture or the waveform. Not a final solution but quicker than opening the menu to choose

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A valuable feature as a lot of editing on dialogue video means you have to make decisions based on syllables, words, and sound. More so than actual visual action.

It's hard to see when the person starts talking from just the visuals, having them available at the same time, and being able to jump back and forth by clicking on the waveform, means you can work more in tune with what's being said

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes yes please do it Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very valuable feature. Not important, but urgent, but would be really nice to have 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, please do add this. In my footage I sometimes say things which indicate how it should be edited or which shot is the best and I need to be able to listen to these notes and judge the footage whilst editing simultaneously

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show both Video and Audio (the waveform) in the Source monitor. So a new preview mode to be added to the settings, so it would read:
Composite Video
Audio Waveform
Alpha
Multi-Camera
*Video and Audio Waveform Split* (the newly added) 4th option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! YES!!!! YES!!!!! I was just about to post my own FR for this but saw it's already here. When cutting up interviews in the Source Monitor, it would be SO helpful to see the audio waveform below the picture, with a user selectable zoom level (either one that corresponds to the current zoom slider in the Source Monitor, or a new zoom slider just below the waveform).

PLEASE add this Adobe!!! You already have many different viewing options in the Source Monitor, but a Video + Audio preview would be the most useful by far IMO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! YES!!!! YES!!!!! I was just about to post my own FR for this but saw it's already here. When cutting up interviews in the Source Monitor, it would be SO helpful to see the audio waveform below the picture, with a user selectable zoom level (either one that corresponds to the current zoom slider in the Source Monitor, or a new zoom slider just below the waveform).

PLEASE add this Adobe!!! You already have many different viewing options in the Source Monitor, but a Video + Audio preview would be the most useful by far IMO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option for audio waveforms to appear in the bottom of the source window below the video (like Resolve) rather than being a separate view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES please add this feature - so often it's easier to finetune the in point by the audio waveforms when you have found the area you want to use in the video section - but if you only see the audio (by easily switching over) - you may get lost and find yourself in the wrong part of the video....... Also - if you are marking by audio and have many takes - you want to see the video to choose the actual great take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a big time saver. Maybe if the source waveforms could be in their own window then we could place them wherever we liked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have wanted this for years

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

goed idee 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOULD BE A BIG HELP!

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was searching if there's a tutorial how to do this, i guess it's not yet possible with premiere pro. i hope they add it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely needed. Flabbergasted it is not there....

A waveform in the effects control volume would help as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. I had been working this way in Resolve, and it's one of the biggest things I miss after picking up Premiere. I would add the ability to set multiple duration markers in the way that Resolve handles the source editor, which allows you to effectively set multiple in/out points in a single source clip, name them, and then pull them into your timeline as needed (a huge time saver when you're working on interview clips and want to pull several comments from a single source clip).

Votes

Translate

Translate