• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Motion Blur (Shutter Angle) To Default Motion Panel

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It already exists in the effects>distort>transform tool, but it would be really great to incorporate it into the default motion effect, especially for quick GFX and title integration.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Thanks for posting this idea. I guess that you mean something similar as After Effects? Let's see if other users vote for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this. Why is this NOT on the default Motion panel? You also can't copy and paste from the Default Motion panel to Transform Effect if you decide that you need motion blur support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, please... very much needed... very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a must-have feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fran are you kidding me? Who honestly uses the "Transform" effect for skew or anything BESIDES the motion blur workaround? Not having it in the basic Motion panel is poor design, essentially you have two effects that can be handled by one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ups I have not seen your suggestion. I basically had the same Idea. Here is my suggestion:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35161867--add-blur-to-basic...

Maybe vote for both if you really want this feature to be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been submitting feature requests on this since CS4. It made sense back that when it was separate, but it should be there by now. Even FCP had motion blur options. I don't like jumping to After Effects to add basic motion blur to a simple moving graphic. Transform tool is too buggy with nested sequences to rely on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. It is stupid to have two equal effects. It would be better to use the transform filter as default instead of motion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Felice It's not stupid. It allows for motion within motion. Essential for making certain kinds of animation easy to do.
But the transform effect has historically been really buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TaranVH In fact, my proposal is to use only the transform filter instead of motion. Leaving it reiterable and solving the bugs of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there needs to be motion blur in Premiere Pro. It is the dumbest thing. FCP 7 had Motion Blur, and you can activate it in FCP X if you own Apple Motion. I hate that you can't put motion blur on moving objects in premiere. I am OK with render time, I just want things to look better.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voting on this again. Basic motion blur options reduces need to switch to After Effect for simple keyframe zoom/pan edits. Especially for documentary work with many images and text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if there was a button to click in the Effects Control Panel to turn motion blur on and off for an image I am working on, just like in After Effects.

A lot of times I have needed to "Replace With After Effects Composition" for an image/video I am working on just to add motion blur, which is pretty lame to have to do that - one more step in the workflow that I would prefer to be avoided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FeedbackCommunityMember - great request! I will advocate for this addition from where I sit.

Thank you very much to @amr.toukhy @Ariel_Brener @Jack Banatoni @TaranVH @Jonah Lee Walker @Steven Posato  and all the others that have upvoted so far. Please tell your friends and colleagues to upvote this feature. I'll spread the word, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is badly needed as the Transform effect has some very weird side effects!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! There should be a checkbox to tick that will turn the motion blur on - and maybe after it's ticked there should be more options like the amount of the motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I vote for this as well, right now to add motion blur we have to add the Transform effect and twitch the Shutter Angle property. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Froig 
This would be a fantastic quality of life improvement, especially for something that seems to be built into Premiere in some form, already. Things like this add up to a much more pleasant user experience, and I know it'll personally save myself and others countless clicks with the amount the Transform workaround gets used currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate