• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Voiceover Approval Option - Stop the clutter!

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Request: Do Voiceover like LumaFusion does it! 

How LumaFusion does it: You record your voiceover in the app and it plays along your timeline exactly as Premiere does. However when you are finished & hit stop recording, it let's you playback what you just recorded for preview & approve the recording.  If you aren't happy with it you can Re-Record immediately until you get a good take. If you ARE happy, you just approve it and then it puts your voiceover on your timeline.

Why is this better? Right now I end up with dozens of extra audio files from Voiceover takes that weren't any good or I just wasn't happy with some wording in the take. Why should I waste storage space & clutter up my Project Bin with audio clips I'll never use or listen to again? 

On my current project I have about 52 voiceover clips in a bin right now. (That I have to manually sort into their own bin since Premiere just dumps them right onto the main project bin. That's a separate issue.) Of those, less than 10 are part of the video at this moment. Sure I could get better at Voiceovers, but even the best voice actors are gonna want to do takes of something.  Maybe Premiere could give us 3 options, "Discard", "Save Take", "Approve". So you could save one you are happy with, but give it another try to improve. And just discard the ones that are clear failures.

Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?