• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser effect, for example, to a clip or a series of clips. This is a very consistent task that I do in every edit and many many times in each edit usually. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is constantly adding warp stabiliser to shots by dragging the thing onto every clip and then setting the smoothness percentage. I can't even manage to just select every clip I want to throw the stabiliser on to and then copy paste a version of the effect that I've set the smoothness percentage for. This can't be unusual. Any clip shot handheld with a dslr will need this, just about, if you want to get rid of that minor jitter. Many dslr users out there you reckon..?

I would love to see this, it is a massive massive time saver and I'm confident many many editors would need this feature for the same reason.

I also would love to see functionality so that when you stop your playhead over a clip during playback or by moving the playhead that it automatically selects that clip so that it's settings are ready to play with in the effect controls window. This seems so basic common sense to me to me and I'm trying not to get angry because I know you are good people in there, but it seems some mind numbingly obvious to me as an editor that you would want the clip that you are now looking at to be the one that is selected and presenting it parameters in the effect controls window. FCP did this automatically. PP will do this when the Lumetri Colour window is open...why not for Effect Controls??

Thank you, I appreciate you listening to my rant. I would be over the moon with these changes!!
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for the suggestion(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate
93 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on effects shortcuts ? (or even just allowing keyboard navigation in the effects panel). It's two and a half years and 558 votes later...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brecon
You can have keyboard navigation in the effects panel.
Open the keyboard shortcuts panel.
Assign the keyboard shortcut "F1" to Window > Effects.
Assign the keyboard shortcut "F2" to "Select Find Box"
Hit "OK."
Now, hit F1 and then F2. The Effects panel's find box is now highlighted. Now you can search for effects and presets by typing away to your heart's content!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@taran

Yep, I have a set up similar to that but as near as I can tell there's no way to navigate with the kb below the search box and into the actual effects themselves. So although it saves me a mouse trip to search, if I actually want to apply any effect to a clip I need to drag and drop.

I've been using your workaround with AHK [sidebar: Thank you! :)] but if premiere's effects window behaved like any normal application window then creating a reliable, repeatable macro would be trivial instead of the Sisyphean punishment that it is today.

I just don't see why so many of premiere's windows are locked down in the first place (see also: Essential Graphics panel) . No arrow key navigation, tabbing or basic copy/paste commands... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make this happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be so much more practical to be able to assign shortcuts to effects instead of always have to drag the effect on the clip on the time line.
There are short cuts for everything else (for things I use a whole lot less), so why not make avail for effects?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks adobe in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!!!!

There's no more need to wait for Adobe to add this basic functionality anymore! There's a new plug-in that just came out today that allows us to easily assign shortcuts to any and all of our favorite Effects, Presets and Transitions!

This plug-in also provides solutions to well over a dozen other common FRs. You can find out more about it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1638270639681590/permalink/1766467540195232

I've been extensively beta testing it for over a month and it's a game changer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the plug-in in Pierre's post is real... game changer indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonas, it is! I can't imagine ever going back to editing without it! Check out my FB post linked in my previous post to see a few of the other things it does. And this is v1.0.0. It's only going to get even better moving forward! 🙂

I though about jumping ship to Davinci Resolve, but not anymore that we have Premiere+Excalibur!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is still so primitive when it comes to saving effects presets and applying them to hotkeys, but I just tried Pierre's plugin Excalibur, and it fixes a lot of this. It would still be nice to be able to have certain custom effects presets (like slides from all four directions and reverse slides from all directions) without having to configure them manually each and every time. But this plugin is a good start towards fixing what Adobe should have done years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create my effects presets and have the ability to add shortcuts to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! If you still haven't tried out the plug-in I mentioned in my last post, Excalibur (https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/) is the easiest way you can assign keyboard shortcuts to ALL of your favorite Effects, Effect Presets and Transitions TODAY! There's no need to wait for this anymore 🙂 (see illustration)

Unfortunately, Excalibur can't assign shortcuts to Transition Presets yet because of a limitation in Pr. I've created a FR asking Adobe to fix this. Please take a look and vote here! https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42736877-update-api-to-allo...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are currently two 3rd-party methods for doing this.
The easiest way is with Excalibur, but it can be slow, and it costs $75. Here's my review of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQmkyM4CCy4

A faster method is with my AutoHotKey preset() function, for which I've just finished a step-by-step tutorial that even a beginner can follow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3vG8U5RoFw
This method is free, but if you've never used AHK before, it will take a few hours of scripting to set it up on your computer. Also, this solution is PC-only.

For most people, I would recommend Excalibur.

I still want this as a real feature in Premiere, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, this has been under review for almost 2 years at this point? What's the status on this?
With a subscription fee like Adobe has it I don't think it's fair to expect to purchase third party apps for this basic functionality (like Excalibur).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda a Duplicate.

I see the difference but I think the following would be more helpful:

Please support this post: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33844213-keyboard-shortcut-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please support this request since this seems to be a duplicate of it: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33844213-keyboard-shortcut-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to create hotkeys for certain effects in the keyboard shortcuts, so that the effect of the associated key can be applied to the selected clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys at Premiere. Do you even want us to use this product?? This feature is a must have..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is a must have functionality but for the time I am using Excalibur plugin. It has a price (75) but belive me I am using it hundres of times per day (adding any effects or creating shortcuts for specific effects) or fill frame Its awesome but I wish Adobe would bring shortcut natively to effects and presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, this is a must have feature. Please add this @Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I'm just getting into PP and this functionality would have cut my editing time down 75% for the effects I'm using. Very disheartening to see Adobe doesn't think this is important. This feature seems like table stakes, especially for folks working with lots of effects or 360 video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update from adobe on this topic? Come on!! Its been 3 years, Is that dificult?
Anyone knows if Davinci Resolve have this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is an incredible company BUT if they're listening...we need this...as others have said, Premiere is amazing from a quality perspective but the number 1 thing editors want is to reduce editing time and my past 4 month project could have been done in less than 2 if this existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool idea. Let's make it happen, people. Upvote!

Votes

Translate

Translate