• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser effect, for example, to a clip or a series of clips. This is a very consistent task that I do in every edit and many many times in each edit usually. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is constantly adding warp stabiliser to shots by dragging the thing onto every clip and then setting the smoothness percentage. I can't even manage to just select every clip I want to throw the stabiliser on to and then copy paste a version of the effect that I've set the smoothness percentage for. This can't be unusual. Any clip shot handheld with a dslr will need this, just about, if you want to get rid of that minor jitter. Many dslr users out there you reckon..?

I would love to see this, it is a massive massive time saver and I'm confident many many editors would need this feature for the same reason.

I also would love to see functionality so that when you stop your playhead over a clip during playback or by moving the playhead that it automatically selects that clip so that it's settings are ready to play with in the effect controls window. This seems so basic common sense to me to me and I'm trying not to get angry because I know you are good people in there, but it seems some mind numbingly obvious to me as an editor that you would want the clip that you are now looking at to be the one that is selected and presenting it parameters in the effect controls window. FCP did this automatically. PP will do this when the Lumetri Colour window is open...why not for Effect Controls??

Thank you, I appreciate you listening to my rant. I would be over the moon with these changes!!
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
Thanks for the suggestion(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate
93 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Please add this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, don't forget, guys, you CAN have this feature if you use AutoHotKey. I use it every day. I'll make a tutorial video showing EXACTLY how to install it for super noobs. But in the meantime, here's the code:
https://github.com/TaranVH/2nd-keyboard/blob/master/Almost_All_Premiere_Functions.ahk#L304

ALTERNATIVELY, the Palette Gear DOES have this feature - but only for effects, not presets. It's pricey, though. https://palettegear.com/
You can even add transitions with the Palette Gear. And delete transitions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Taran do the tutorial for us, super noobs. Feed us Taran!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe! Come on already!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taran would You be so nice and write AHK for Warp Stabilizer only ? On that basic i'll try to build ofher simple Hotkeys. I'm not expert in programming yet so I will be obliged !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select clip on playhead, solves your second problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted more than a year ago! People have been wanting this feature for so many years already! Nothing has changed in the new updates...come on adobe this is getting ridiculous.
I can't believe we are still paying for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I add my comments, Adobe will finally listen?
Here goes...

There are MANY other options out there Adobe.
EDIUS is gaining market ground FAST for broadcasters globally.
Keep your loyal customers.
GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND ADD THIS FEATURE ALREADY!

Jeeeeeez!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding the possibility of navigating all the effects panel with the keyboard to search AND select effects.Going to the panel is possible and search (pressing Tab several times,.. but that´s all! then you Have to use the mouse to seoect the actual effect you just looked for, seems natural to me that as a list it should select that very effect and be applied by the enter key ...
. So, Ctrl+alt+Caps+3 it's just useless???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe , we are waiting for more than an year!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It would be great to copy/paste a transition that I have manipulated (duration/direction) to multiple clips in a timeline without have to setup a new default every time. Avid can do this- one of the few unique features I like about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleeeeeaaaaase! Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo... is it happening?!?!?!?!??!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All windows should be operable from keyboard i.e - why can't I browse effects using arrows and choose them by pressing enter?
Why can't I choose reverse speed (and other options) in Clip Speed/Duration window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still do not know why this isn't a thing. I have used Avid for years, FCPX for a bit, even davinici, but landed here with Premiere due to already being in AE, PS, AI, etc. but I must say it falls short in seamless editing. It slows my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything else has a hotkey, but we have to drag and drop effects manually. This would save us hours of editing time each month. Please Please Please make this a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the request, Joel. This is certainly a great idea that we are interested in implementing. Here are a couple of workflow suggestions in the meantime.
- Enable "Selection follows playhead" in the sequence menu. The lumetri color panel turns this on by default, but you are free to turn it on yourself at any point.
- Selecting multiple clips will allow you to add effects, including effects presets, to all at once.
- Label colors are a good way to keep things organized (A-Cam = Blue, B-Cam = Green, B-Roll = Purple, etc.). You can select all clips with the same label and apply an effect. Right-click on a clip in the timeline > Label > Select Label group.
- Master clip effects are a good way to apply an effect to every instance of the media throughout your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE ADD THIS! THIS WOULD BE A MASSIVE TIME SAVER! Then I could finally finish small tasks with a simple macro instead of dragging individual presets constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that! just to flip an image is too many clicks and typing away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!!!!!!!! Adobe, give use 10, or better yet 20 customizable shortcuts so we can apply our most used effects to clips with a single key press! This would be a HUGE time saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to reenforce this, this would be such a huge timesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, This would be massively helpful. Include essential sound presets as well please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would make editing vertical video for socials soooooo much easier. The way it is now I have to drag my -90 deg rotation preset onto everything I drag onto the timeline.
It's so tedious, since a Transform or an Adjustment Layer don't quite work. (Adj layer just rotates the adjustment not the video under it, Transform does rotate it but then ends up cropping it to a square).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... the playhead request (stopping playhead over clip selects clip) works some/most of the time (but not ALL of the time!), so that's great, but we still can't assign effect presets to keyboard shortcuts. This would save SO MUCH time in my everyday. 550 votes and "under review" since June of 2019. Let's make it happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate