• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LTC Time Code

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the ability to read the Timecode when recording audio LTC timecode to the file. Currently I have to use davinci Resolve to read the code. AVID already has this capability.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

@Drumvisio The change in status means we are actively working on adding LTC support. I don't have a date for release but we're on our way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 217 Replies 217
217 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is so important for syncing Multicam and separate Audio Recording.

Can't wait anymore for this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. LTC readout should be on top of the list. Very much needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting LTC timecodes to actual timecode I can use for syncing works so simple in DaVinci I'm tired of roundtripping back to Premiere from Resolve for these kind of operations, I might as well stay there if Adobe isn't going to work on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this request as well as any pro Premiere editor is. We need Audio LTC syncing in Premiere badly. Everyone else around you has it already implemented since years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please! This is a really important feature! We have a lot of 3 camera shoots and syncing manually or through Tentacle Sync or Resolve is an unnecessary extta step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@everyone VOTE ON TOP OF THE SITE !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is really needed for multi-camera shoots.  How can this feature still be missing from a "class leading" product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's "merely" a "standard tool" that's only very useful to actually professional editors. I can't get my head around that a self-proclaimed "professional" NLE software doesn't have that included anyways...

But unfortunately it's just NOT a shiny cool feature that creates amazing looks or fascinating effects - and thus it's not useful for marketing the product. And since making THAT a priority for the software worked so great for Apple and FinalCut, why wouldn't the Adobe geniuses copy it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wonder what does it mean when the status of thee IDEA turned in to Started? There is no LEGEND to see what the status means.. 

2023-03-09_183542.png

If it means Adobe started taking us seriously, I'm very happy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LTC is actually one of the options now for synching when creating Multi-Camera Source Sequences!!!

It's not perfect yet, namely it doesn't really work when some of the clips are audio files (as it is typically the case - at least for us...), which, obvoiusly, don't contain an LTC. In other words:  it seems only to work when ALL the clips (marked for synching to create such a Multi-Camera Source Sequences) contain an LTC.
BUT it's a good first step😊

Next would be an option to "batch merge clips" - so one can select a bunch of video clips together with a bunch of (external) audio clips and Premiere creates a bunch of new (merged) clips (so one wouldn't have to clip manually countless times ONE video clip with ONE matching audio clip).
Like (I think) AVID can do that 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Drumvisio The change in status means we are actively working on adding LTC support. I don't have a date for release but we're on our way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High fives, that's great! Nice to know you're listening 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Can't sync video footage with audio timecode (e.g. Sony A7S3 with Deity TC-1) with metadata time code (e.g. from Zoom F6).

1. Solution: Option to generate metadata timecode in premiere from audio 

2. Solution Sync of audio timecode footage with metadata timecode footage. 

Current workaround: Import all in Davinci Resolve, generate timecode for the clips with audio timecode, create a multicam sequence based on that timecode, export timeline via XML and import in Premiere Pro.

For more context see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHb30jusJc&t=37s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past several years there's been an uptick in the popularity of devices that are able to feed audio-based Linear Time Code (LTC) to a camera's microphone in port.  Devices like Tentacle Sync and the Deity TC-1 use this technology to make synchronizing cameras and audio devices easier.  The audio LTC feature is great for smaller or cheaper cameras that don't have a timecode in port.  Essentially, you're left with audible static noise on one stereo channel that you can later use to convert to digital numbers that represent the timecode, and apply it to a clip's metadata.

Because this audio static conforms to the SMPTE standard, many NLEs like Avid MediaComposer and Davinci Resolve are able to read it and convert it into metadata.  While Premiere Pro actually already DOES have the ability to read and understand this audio static, it's limited to one specific function - creating a multi-camera sequence.  Doing this does not change the clip's metadata in your bin.  It would be much more convenient if we were able to use audio LTC to actually affect the start timecode of our clips within the context of our bins, that way we could easily use the "synchronize by timecode" feature within our timelines without needing to go through the process of making a multicamera clip - and then losing sync with no constant reference points if we move things around.

Considering the code that reads audio LTC is already present, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement!  My suggestion would be to place a "Read Audio Timecode" button on the menu that is accessible by right-clicking one or many clips, and choosing Modify > Timecode.  Hopefully this can be implemented in such a way that many clips can be changed at once.  Thank you very much for your consideration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There already may be multiple "Ideas" for this on the forum, it's been asked for enough. Happy to upvote.

And it's also on my list of things to talk with the devs at NAB in a couple weeks. Along with a bunch of other things of course ... they know they'll get an earful when they see me coming ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil.  Hopefully they listen, it shouldn't be too hard to get this done!

I did do my due diligence before posting, and while I did find some other "ideas" mentioning LTC, there were none that were specifically targeting metadata.  And on the posts I found mentioning LTC, the comments were all jumbled together,  usually not addressing the original post, and all appeared to come from the same unnamed user.  Perhaps this was a glitch during the migration from UserVoice?  Seems like a bunch of unrelated threads got consolidated into one.  Because of this, I felt a new thread was appropriate.

And in case my original post wasn't clear, I don't care about the actual file's metadata, I'm just interested in changing the metadata within my bin, no need to affect the actual original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COME ON ADOBE!!!! In your own support comunity its saying to go to Devinci. Your lost. loosing lots of users as we speak. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wake up Premiere! Your giving it to Resolve if you sit on your hands. Do you want future business?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been waiting for years for this feature to be in Premiere. I might switch to Reolve just for this feature alone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank heavens.  The amount of Editors I've had to steer to using other software instead for the past few years is incredible.  Tally ho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for raising this.  With so many multi-cam shoots mixing a variety of cameras like the Sony a7 series, gopros, Sony Fx series, etc., the abilty to sync timecode in the field is a major plus. I'm really surprised that I have to use DaVinci Resolve, which is free software, to convert the audio TC to metadata in the clip and then bring it back to premiere for the edit.  I'm hoping this is added to Premiere in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, the TC issue is a right pain.

One misconception about Resolve though, is ... it really isn't "free", it's a loss-leader product. Big actual difference overall.

They give a slightly crippled version for free, but actually very few "Studio" users actually pay for the full "Studio" version.

Because Studio licenses are included with so many BM devices and hardware. I use Resolve Studio and like most, my licenses came from buying BM stuff. I've got several.

They want to rope you into a BlackMagic ecosystem, no different than Apple wants you in their ecosystem or Adobe in theirs.

Just a different tactic to rope you in. Adobe sells software as service. BM provides software as enticement to get you to buy the hardware that is what they make profits on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised how fast someone corrected me on me calling it "free".  🙂 I completely understand how this works and didn't qualify my characterization of "free software" because it didn't change the point that it's available in a competing product in their "free" version and not in the adobe suite that many pros use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just like clarity, and many people clearly don't understand the difference in profit models.

They're tools. Fancy hammers. And each has some good things and some problems. But neither is a Perfect Solution. And both need a fair amount of dev love ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hey! are there any updtes on this issue ?

Cheers,

Sam 

Votes

Translate

Translate