• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LTC Time Code

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the ability to read the Timecode when recording audio LTC timecode to the file. Currently I have to use davinci Resolve to read the code. AVID already has this capability.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

@Drumvisio The change in status means we are actively working on adding LTC support. I don't have a date for release but we're on our way!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 217 Replies 217
217 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of Tentacle Sync devices integreated with a variety of cameras and sound recording options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fergus, For me it's Tentacle Sync also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually @Fergus H I started a thread elsewhere detialing how broken my workflow is for this currently. There seems to be a bug in Premiere preventing me from quickly and efficiently changing timecode on any clip. I opened a customer care case, but they needed me to make a screen caputre video of the issue, which I haven't had the time to do.

You can read what I posted on the other thread here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/the-audio-timecode-workflow-is-broken-and-untenable...

Fixing this issue and workflow is the highest thing on my wish list for Premiere right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ferugs,

mostly Tentacle Sync. But over the last few months we startet using the Deity TC-Boxes including the new transmitters which have that feature now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At RTBF (Belgium National Braodcaster), we use on different case or setup that device Tentacle or NanoLockit with mixed type of cameras and Audio SoundDevice (for recording sync audio)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diety TC-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got a 3-pack of the Deity TC-1. No complaints here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For bigger productions we use genlock and TC input for all cameras and syncing that with the multicam feature in Premiere works just fine. Issues come up as soon as smaller cameras that don't have TC input options are integrated. For example, Tentacle does offer writing TC on the audio track, but Premiere won't let me convert that ti real TC like DaVinci Resolve does, so I have no way of syncing up all the cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear this actually isn't being ignored. 

About the devices: Tentacle all the way, and since recently also with the (consumer style but very capable) Rode Wireless Pro. 

Still one mus say that the lack of LTC is just some of the timecode related troubles that would be great if they were addressed. I hope it is part of a bigger overhaul. I thought some smart ideas were posted and upvoted over here a while ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/modernize-the-syncing-workflow-with-a-sync-panel/i...

something of that sort would be great. 

using tentacle sync studio to sync is only a bandaid, already because of this, davinci and avid mc are NLEs of choice when there is seperate audio.

Thanks for working on this.

PS: Another technical heads-up: the in doc work ever-present Zoom H6 records its tracks in seperate wav files (older sounddevices might, too, i forget.), which means that the LTC timecode might only be read for one track that doesnt have any other audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultra Sync One all the way for me. Besides Timecode, it can also supply Genlock/Wordclock to cameras/recorders that support this. Compact, nice little display too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diety TC-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny.. this has been THE reason for me to switch completely to resolve some years ago. Funny that its still work in progress. Anyway I would recommend tentacle sync studio if you are syncing audio to video as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for Your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tentacle Sync devices also here - thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, you are far better of if you fix all those timecode issues before importing. In Tentacle sync its just a click and you dont have issues with relinking later on - or roundtripping to other apps will be impossible.. And if you want Audio-Video Sync, I would ALWAYS do it in advance. With those batch synced clips in the NLE there are always issues.. just choosing "match frame" only leads you to the video without the synced audio for example..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Ambient Nanolockit, Lockit, and MasterLockit. Been waiting for so long to use these seamlessly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all, 

I'd like to let people know that we are still actively working on implementing LTC support; it's an important feature. The work has been delayed by our need to still support the existing Sound Timecode feature in Premiere Pro, while adding LTC support. 

Sound Timecode is sometimes confused for LTC support but it is different. It's for customers that are using timecode metadata for dual system sound workflows. This is a workflow used by some of our episodic and long-form customers and is described in the guide posted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/long-form-episodic-best-practices.html

We are working on adding LTC support, while making sure we don’t break the existing Sound Timecode feature, and doing both things in a way that is logical to our customers. 

We are definitely eager to complete this work and I will post here when LTC support is in beta. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate