• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maintain folder structures on import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import!

Often I or an assistant editor will create a folder structure in the finder with empty folders to be populated with media later on in the production workflow (i.e. Final mix stems, color files, graphics). Currently if you import empty folders or folders with only one item in them, those empty folders disappear on import and the single item that was inside them is left outside any folder. This prevents planning and proper organization, and I'm not sure what the benefit of it is? Fewer folders? But I wanted those, that's why I made them.

Just leave the folder structures as they are, don't change them. If some users want an option to "automatically remove empty folders on import" then add that, but don't make removing them the default.

Importing empty folder structures is an essential organizational tool for any medium to large scale professional production. I made this same request in May of 2018 and have never gotten a response or seen it addressed, I really I hope I do this time!
Idea Started
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

today is my favorite day "Mirror OS Directory on import" is in Beta.  thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 181 Replies 181
181 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want those notifications in my inbox to keep on coming as we all celebrate that importing folders structures is no longer BROKEN!! Yay, back to the many many many years of using premiere when this 'feature' worked the way it always did. 
THANK YOU everyone who's been involved in fixing this, including community posting here - my blood pressure would go up everytime I'd set up a new project haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Wes noted, this feature is currently in beta and we'd love your feedback!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/now-in-beta-mirror-os-directory-structu...

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature would be great, BUT it should also work when exporting. Right now, when you export, it often defaults to some random place on your computer. It should ALWAYS default to the working projects' root folder as the starting place!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is thought by some to be the normal place for exports. But many others never export to the drive and folder of their projects, both for speed of the export and control of them.

So for those shops, they'll have either a 'normal' folder that all exports go to, or a folder for X client.

At any rate, it kinda needs to be a user-choice thing. We do not all agree on where it should go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to default to the last place you exported something with that
setting. So far I'm finding that feature rather intelligent. Once I set
the new location for a project it remembers it.

If you have a batch, the trick is to export one item to the desired
location, and then batch the rest, and they should automatically be set to
go there too.

*Ben Draisma*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST