• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust (Folders)

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea
Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
159 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. We are monitoring these threads and will consider these requests!
Feel free to keep them coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need another request to bring back the folders? It's a real mess without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more info from Jarle Leirpol

"By default, you will see only the default template location in the UI, named Local Templates Folder, with a checkbox. In Premiere Pro 13.0 (October 2018 version), you can add more local folders. These can be used in addition to the default Local Templates Folder in the drop-down menu. You no longer need to save templates to the rather strangely located Local Templates Folder, and I find this very helpful.

From the Essential Graphics panel menu, you can choose Manage Additional Folders to add paths.
You can select which additional folders the panel should show MOGRTs from.

Click the Add button to add a folder. Select a folder and click Remove to remove it from the list.
From the Manage Additional Folders dialog box, you can add (and delete) multiple folder paths, give the folder paths custom names, and so on. Clicking OK will add all custom paths to the Browse panel as a drop-down menu next to the Local filter option.

The added folders will be available in the drop-down menu in the Browse panel. These will provide the ability for additional organization and sorting."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

going backwards on organizational tools is so annoying
please fix this as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the initial thought of removing the folder structure in the first place??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider a folder structure so that .mogrt files can be more easily organised and searched. The first version of the Graphics Panel had folders in it - but that has been deleted in V2019....why ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the good old days of 2017 using folders was an intuitive - easy and flexible way - to organise .mogrt files - making searching thru them a quick and simple process. BUT 2019 has seen an end to that. Is there a sensible reason behind deleting folders - that I am not aware of ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, but my biggest request would be to allow key framing of Essential Graphics parameters in premiere! This feature would just make this whole workflow incredibly powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this issue, what a stupid thing to do. Getting rid of folders I mean. So ******* dumb. Please change back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the folder option on Essential Graphics Panel in PP. I need to put certain MOGRTS into categories e.g Vfx, callouts, transitions, custom made etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back the folders. Need a way to sort and categorize essential graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since many 3rd party developers tend to just label files "Lower Third 01" etc. it would be very helpful to be able to organize my production assets better. Additionally, I'd like to hide a few that aren't used often and clutter up the Essential Graphics window when just looking for a simple format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has almost been a year we were told by Adobe they were listening... Where are folders?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make PR able to read subfolders, not just root mogrt files

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has the ability to do the things worse each time. Instead to do things easier you do more difficult. You can not install folders in Essential graphics, you have to do it one by one. Each version of the past is better that the new ones. Your case is similar as Benjamin Button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest logging separate requests rather than adding them to the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I acquire a template pack for a particular project. It gets difficult to navigate/ browse them, as all the files mixed up in the panel. It will be nice to have an option to organize and view those templates by folder, making the browsing and decision making faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i can not select and import this file to after effect 2019. ( I don't have "Brows: button. )

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i can not select and import this file to after effect 2019. ( I don't have "Browse button. )

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i can not select and import .mogrt file to after effect 2019. ( I don't have "Browse button. )

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back folders to the Essential Graphics Browser! Make Premiere great again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only started using the EGP now, so I'm surprised to see the request to bring back folders. This means there used to be folders but now they're gone? What?!!! That's my #1 gripe with the EGP, the lack of any way to organize templates in bins/folders. Why would Adobe ever remove this uber essential feature??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw someone here mention Motion Factory (www.motionfactory.io). Thank you! It solves the Essential Graphics Panel's (EGP) issues:
1. The template names displayed are whatever file names you give to your files! This means you can easily batch rename your downloaded MOGRT templates to relevant names using a tool such a Better File Rename, rather than have to rename your files one by one by one inside the EGP!

2. FOLDERS!!!!!!! The Motion Factory panel allows you to create, rename and remove folders to organize your files. The interface itself only allows you to do this on the root level, so you can't create sub-folders, HOWEVER, Motion Factory allows you to import your entire MOGRT library at once, with subfolders upon subfolders, respecting whatever folder structure you have on your hard drive!!!

Adobe sure could learn a thing or two from the folks over at Motion Factory! For now, this is the tool I'm going to use since the Essential Graphics panel is utter garbage in comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders back please!
I can't even make my library show up (bug?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

........ and we're still waiting since April 28th 2018 to get folders back in Premiere Pro's Essential Graphics panel (EGP).

Sadly the EGP is often slow and clunky and awkward to navigate. Also, why are there no simple ways to create Poster Thumbnail frames for animations or quick ways to scrub and preview animations.

Come on Adobe. Making a useful and efficient EGP that actually works is long, long overdue.....your paying customers are waiting. Sadly so are your customer's clients also waiting and it's costing us money and our reputations!

Votes

Translate

Translate