• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 141 Replies 141
141 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crazy this is possible in 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing you need to add or remove tracks in order to send the audio to the sound department. Since you include keyframes and track effects, you can't simply move the clips around.

You can't miss this functionality in a pro editing software, please add this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most basic features a person could want, professional or otherwise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would also be nice to group the video and audio tracks together on the timeline when using the ADD TRACK function.
eg:
v3
a3
v2
a2
v1
a1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - please add this capability.
Basic stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE add this to the road map ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please please! +1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved to Premiere from older, less professional software. There isn't a single package other than Premiere I have used that doesn't let you order tracks. If I have a bunch of clips, you mean I have to add a track, select them all, cut and then paste and hope they are in exactly the same start and end times?

I'm experiencing actual anger right now. LOL. It's the year TWENTY TWENTY. Let me drag a track up and down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just moved to Premiere from some really cheap and quite **** software and AMAZED I can't simply reorder tracks vertically. Also not able to zoom horizontally using the mouse wheel is loooooong 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait... so this still hasn't been fixed? i agree with many below. this is BASE LEVEL FUNCTIONALITY for a program like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there's an update to Premiere, I keep trusting that this glaring feature omission will be rectified. Alas...
But whyyyyyy?

Adobe, PLEEEEEEEASE let us rearrange our track stacks in Premiere like we can with layers in Photoshop. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of respect I've lost for this company, for lazily avoiding basic features that save professionals 1,000s of collective hours, is immeasurable.

I understand that there are separate teams for different software, and I personally think Photoshop and After Effects are Adobe's crowning jewels.

But Premiere Pro is such a colossal disappointment. It's incredible to think that if someone asked if the world's #1 editing software can *rearrange tracks*, the answer is no.

Not to mention countless issues with frame-rate combination, trying to use stabilisation with speed, all the nesting that could be easily programmed out of necessity, or how they got rid of MKV support without community consultation. Or the lack of BRAW support. Or the terrible captioning system. The complete lack of audio waveform sync. Sometimes, Dynamic Link will utterly fail and it'll take full system reboots to even open a project file.

It's ridiculous.

All these things have massive, expensive day-to-day impact on professional workflows.
It's like none of the programmers of this modern industry tool, actually work in the modern industry!

And our avenues for feedback? Throw suggestions into a mix of 1000s of others and pray.

This should NOT be necessary. Good software developers either let the community contribute directly, or constantly surprise their community with innovation. Epic Games is a shining example of this.

Adobe should take their and others' good example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of basic feature lack is this? Adobe come on, you are failing me again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting .... Come on Adobe. Fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This string is over two-years old and still no fix from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Coming from Vegas Pro, where I rearrange track order all the time when creativity changes, it is pretty amazing that I can't do that in Premiere Pro. Copying all clips from a long track to another without losing keyframes or missing position is pretty difficult. ADOBE, come on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be piece of cake for them! Such a shame that they dont care about this really basic feature. We are wasting time adding tracks, copy, paste... come on guys!! Lets do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous not to have this in 2012. Oh wait...it's 2020!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should - at the very least - be added for audio tracks. I usually have 12-13 tracks, and sometimes need to compare the timing of track 1 to track 13 - which requires a ton of vertical screen real estate. If I could just drag tracks around (or better yet, group them into track folders like a proper DAW), things would be much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I STRONGLY suggest that you have to click on the wrench, then enable "layer dragging mode," before this behavior becomes available. Then, you can drag tracks around with left click+ drag, and turn it back off when you're done.

If this feature cannot be turned off, AND it uses left click + drag, that's far too EASY to accidentally set off. Everyone's going to have to be super careful to not move the cursor at all when they're just trying to click to lock tracks or solo or make them invisible or whatever. And then Adobe is gonna get a lot of angry people complaining on the forums that their tracks keep getting out of order.

By making it a toggle-able setting, everyone's needs are satisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to Taran's suggestion. This could also be solved by requiring Alt+Left Click+Drag as well.

Side note: For audio, I'd also love to be able to drag tracks around in the Track Mixer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Taran and Thomas, even dragging is two steps ahead.

Just the ability to right click and choose "shift track up" or "shift track down" would be a huge step. The dragging is simply a visual shortcut for basic, missing functionality.

Adobe plsssssssssssssssss

Votes

Translate

Translate