• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off "Selection follows playhead" PERMANENTLY!

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is a real pain. A lot of people like this feature when Lumetri panel is open, I don't. Is there an option to turn it off permanently? Currently, it gets checked automatically every-time I switch to the Lumetri Workspace. Seriously need a way to stop this behaviour!

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
55 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been annoying me for soooo long.
And every fix posted here has been deleted, so here I am, still with the problem, and no fix.
Is there really no way to turn it off permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, IT CAN BE TURNED OFF PERMANENTLY (I've done it to all my computers that run Premiere).  Another user posted this, since we can't post the link (many of us have tried, but it gets removed by the moderators), so hope this helps you find the video with the solution.

"Actually, you CAN turn it off forever.  Try to find the right how-to video on YT (if I post the link here this message will be deleted immediately)."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThModerator Note: Link/text removed. Sorry. Please do not use the internal developer tool to change the application. It is against the corporate guidelines and is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

When so many commenters have posted the solution and had censored by the forum moderators, it's fairly telling. Many users don't like the setting and will resort to unsanctioned means to disable it. So... shouldn't the people from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering address the problem rather than request people don't take matters into their own hands??? It's been about for several iterations now. Where's the resolution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works as requested in the beta.

No point in posting the so-called solution which has been removed permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works as requested in the beta.

No point in posting the so-called solution which has been removed permanently.

By Ann Bens

Hi Ann, just to be sure: in the current beta version "Selection follows playhead" remains switched off and never turns itself back on? (eg if Lumetri panel is open)

Thanks, Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate