• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link google drive into premiere rush?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to link google drive into premiere rush?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

I can confirm Gerik's suggestion about the desktop. You can download the backup and sync app here: Download Backup and Sync - Free Cloud Storage

Once you've downloaded it and set it all up, open Rush and you will be able to see Google Drive in your media browser under "cloud." This works because it's your Finder/File Explorer finding the Google Drive content, not Rush itself.

Google Drive is not yet supported on the iOS app but the plan is to support more platforms soon. For now, the workaround i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform are you using? Desktop or Mobile?

For desktop, at least for me, I couldn't access Google Drive photos until after I installed the Backup and Sync Google Drive app and then in Rush when I go to add footage to my project I go to Media Browser and under the subheading "Cloud" I now have Google Drive. 

I checked my Rush app on my iOS app and didn't see Google Drive listed, so I've not been able to figure that one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm Gerik's suggestion about the desktop. You can download the backup and sync app here: Download Backup and Sync - Free Cloud Storage

Once you've downloaded it and set it all up, open Rush and you will be able to see Google Drive in your media browser under "cloud." This works because it's your Finder/File Explorer finding the Google Drive content, not Rush itself.

Google Drive is not yet supported on the iOS app but the plan is to support more platforms soon. For now, the workaround is to download files from the Google Drive app to your camera roll and import from there.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Google Drive supported on the Android app? Doesn't seem to be a way to get the app to recognize that service. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonesDr,

Thanks for your interest in Premiere Rush.

Google drive support is available only for Rush Desktop so far. We are still in the process of adding its support on mobile devices, both on iOS, and Android.

Please upvote this idea here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush/suggestions/35995627-add-google-drive-...

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this integration to Google Photos would be extremely helpful. This is absolutely my go to platform for photo/video storage anad management.  Not having this makes Premier much harder to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice for mobile version?

On my iPad Pro Wienerwald I try to import files from google drive The app ask a drive login, Then opens google drive app, login, then coming back to rush show the same window saying I have to autenticate into google drive... anyone has the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, having the same frustrating issue - trying to get Adobe Rush to play nice with GoogleDrive (which our school uses) for students learning from home. Super frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the google drive desktop download and use it daily. Rush recognizes my google drive (g drive) but when I click on it, it does not show any files in "my drive" it only shows files from folders shared with me. All of my files are in "My drive"

hanse063_1-1674854699699.pnghanse063_2-1674854725100.png

It also does not show the google drive in the cloud section. Been working on this for hours and about to uninstall Rush. So frustrating. 

hanse063_3-1674854788820.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines