• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to reduce 200gb video file size to export in Youtube from Premiere Rush

Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I used premiere rush to put together a 45 minute long video compiled from videos of my newphew filmed on phones - nothing fancy! I finished the video and exported it and it's come out at 200gb. I'd like to be able to upload this to youtube and burn it onto a dvd for my family. I can still open the project in premiere rush. Can anyone recommend the settings I should choose for exporting it to make it good quality but also a reasonable size. Or can i use another creative cloud app to process it into a smaller file?

Any help gratefully received.

Helen x

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro to Rush forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which output template did you select when you exported the movie? What resolution is your finished video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I saved my video locally by clicking on the share options and just stuck with the default settings (as i have no idea what sort of settings I'd need!)

They are/were set at:

Preset: Automatic

Resolution: Automatic (1080x1920)

Framerate: Automatic (30)

Audio channels: Stereo

Quality: High

It said estimated file size 5926mb but it's over 200gb!  I'd like the finished video to be good quality to its still nice to watch. I'd like to be able to play it on a decent size television either through youtube or connecting a laptop to it.  Any suggestions for changing the export settings?

Thank you. x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen x!

Thank you for reaching out. I understand that the file size of the exported video is 200gb and you want to reduce this size. Am I Correct?

Please look at this page, it may help you: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/video/discover/compress-video.html

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I made the video in rush in the first place and it is already an mp4 of 200gb - that was exported from rush. I could try reducing framerate/resolution or chaning the preset but I'm not sure what to set it to - i don't want to set it too low and spend hours exporting a bad quality video.

Thank you for your help x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing details.

It said estimated file size 5926mb but it's over 200gb!- Would you mind sharing the screenshot where is it shown the estimated file size?

Which device are you using Premiere Rush on?

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Yep! Screenshot below. I've also put laptop specs and available storage screenshots up. (Please ignore my change of sign in name from my original post - i dont know why I have two!)

Thank you for your help x

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 21.23.58.pngScreenshot 2020-01-03 at 21.25.15.pngScreenshot 2020-01-03 at 21.25.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details.

1. In the first screenshot, I can see the export setting and estimated file size that is 5962 MB.
  2. System specifications are mentioned in the second screenshot.
  3. In the third screenshot, it shows that your device has 201.51GB space available out of 500.7 GB. 

Could you share the file properties of the exported video which shows that it has 200GB file size?

Regards,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm i may have gotten confused, just went to take the screenshot and it says the video is 6gb...not 200gb!! Sorry! Its still much larger than i'd want it to be however.

Could you suggest some settings that I could use to export the project so its still good enough to watch on a TV, but where it'll be smaller than 6gb?

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 21.03.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I'm so glad it's not 200gb! We can cut the size a little further by adjusting the "Resolution" settings and the "Quality" settings. Ideally, we'll leave the "Resolution" where it's at, so let's try to toggle "Quality" down to "medium" and see if it suits your needs.

If you still need a smaller file after that, lower the "Quality" to "low" OR you can leave it at "medium" and lower "Resolution"

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 21.23.58.png

I hope this helps! 

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines