• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush Mobile Preview Freeze

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I'm working with footage (usually 4-6 hours) on Premiere Rush on iOS (iPad Pro 11 inch 1st gen) the preview freezes after a cut til I either close the app and open it quickly (not force close just normal close) or if I readjust the window. I think the cache needs to be refreshed after each cut so the frames don't freeze and get sticky.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Mobile version , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

It's a 4-6 hour gameplay that I cut down to about 10 minutes to then transfer into Premiere Pro. I figured out how to get it to work, I just need to wait a REALLY long time for it to function properly, watching Hulu in PiP has helped the time go by quicker 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This device originally had iOS 12 on it. What operating system are you running?And how much free space is on your device? 

How long are the video clips you are editing? What happens if you open a new project and you add just a couple of photos to your timeline? Does the program still crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The device currently has the latest version of iOS 13. It has 256 GB of storage. As stated in the original post, the footage I'm working with is around 4-6 hours (this specific one being 4:21:xx) . The program doesn't "crash" but when playing back, the preview is frozen. When importing measly photos and videos it works perfectly fine because there's nothing taxing. I've had this issue since day 1 release of Rush. Of course as you know, to import a video as long as 4 hours, you need to start a project on PC, allow it to create the optimized media, then upload it for it to be downloaded. I do that. The vidoe renders perfectly fine on PC and Mac with 0 issues whatsoever. The only issue is that during playback, the preview window will consistently freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm asking for you to clarify your project size because you sound like you're seeing each video clip you're adding is 4-6 hours long. Which I don't think is the case. But even if you're working on a 4-6 hour long project made of short clips -- that would be a challenge for my desktop, depending on the specs of that video.

Have you considered working on a shorter project -- say 5-10 minutes -- in order to ensure you have a workable workflow before taking on a project longer than "Lawrence of Arabia"? 

I dont' mean that to sound cynical. I'm just suggesting that it's easier to work the bugs out when you're not lugging around quite so much data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely understand, sorry if I seemed hostile.

I've confirmed that media all the way up to 1 hour long (usually) works perfectly fine. I put the *usually* in there because around 45+ minutes is when I start to see the issue most predominantly, but it's not necessarily consistent.

The original media size is 11.2 GB. Premiere Rush, after "optimization" increased the file, which was uploaded to Adobe Cloud, to 18.8 GB, which is what the iPad Pro is working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the program works fine when editing video under an hour, I'd say that a 4-6 hour project is just too much for your hardware to handle. In my opinion anyway. Maybe someone else has had a different experience.

Does your movie really need to be 6 hours long? Wouldn't it be more watchable is several short movies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a 4-6 hour gameplay that I cut down to about 10 minutes to then transfer into Premiere Pro. I figured out how to get it to work, I just need to wait a REALLY long time for it to function properly, watching Hulu in PiP has helped the time go by quicker 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines