Rush stops rendering randomly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Rush version 1.5.50

Process:

1. Launch Premiere Rush

2. Do some cut and paste, rotate, blah blah.

3. Finished editing, move to 'Share'

4. Select 'Youtube' only, and choose 'Export'

5. Rush starts to render the video... for a while. It says about 8~14min remaining...

6. and it suddenly stops, at any point.

스크린샷 2021-02-13 01.33.10.png

7. I can cancel the rendering and restart, then it does not start rendering this time.

스크린샷 2021-02-13 01.34.09.png

8. I cannot even shut down Rush after this point. I can only force-shutdown via task manager, by killing the process on 'details' tab.

화면 캡처 2021-02-13 013635.png

(it doesn't even kill the process sometimes, saying "Access Denied" instead.)

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Update : Changing Rush not to use Hardware Rendering solved the issue - estimated time is three times longer but it completes anyway.

Could be Graphics driver or my hardware Issue...

I was using GeForce GTX1080 with NVidia GeForce Driver 461.09, and just updated to 461.40.

hope this helps with @dalethecasualgamer 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Thanks for the update Zerial. Hope the graphics update helps going forward. Let us know if it does not. 

dalethecasualgamer 

There are a few things to try

1. Launch Rush

2. From the Project Browser, go to Preferences > Manage Cache > Delete all cache files 

3. Close and re-launch Rush > Attempt to export 

1. Open your project 

2. Go to Sequence menu > Select "Prepare for Playback"

3. Wait for the render to take place (there's a blue progress circle in the top right of the app) > Attempt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zerial!

Sorry to hear that. We can get this checked.

• What type of footage are you editing (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)?
  • Which device are you using?
  • Can you try signing out and back into your Creative Cloud account? Go to Help > Sign out.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working

- 720p AVC1 24bit 30fps 7200kbps, AAC 48000Hz 2ch 16bit 128kbps footages

- on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : Changing Rush not to use Hardware Rendering solved the issue - estimated time is three times longer but it completes anyway.

Could be Graphics driver or my hardware Issue...

I was using GeForce GTX1080 with NVidia GeForce Driver 461.09, and just updated to 461.40.

hope this helps with @dalethecasualgamer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?

I'm having the same issue that just started recently. Start rendering saving file to computer and it locks up.

Thanks for any assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Zerial. Hope the graphics update helps going forward. Let us know if it does not. 

dalethecasualgamer 

There are a few things to try

1. Launch Rush

2. From the Project Browser, go to Preferences > Manage Cache > Delete all cache files 

1. Open your project 

2. Go to Sequence menu > Select "Prepare for Playback"

3. Wait for the render to take place (there's a blue progress circle in the top right of the app) > Attempt to export  

1. Launch Rush

2. From the Project Browser, go to Preferences > Disable "Enable hardware acceleration encoding.."

Let us know how it goes! 

Peter  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the three solutions but unfortunately, none of them works. In my case, the export is not stopping exactly randomly but at 5 or 6 seconds left to finish. In some cases, not even the Prepare for Playback works.

I know it can be related to the graphics card drivers or even to Windows 11, but we cannot keep having this problem for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have the same problem. On two different PC Computers, Windows 10.
After starting the export, it works for a few seconds ... then  it stops.
I can stop the rendering by click on the button, it switches back.
But then i cannont end the program - mostly Rush freezes and windows asked me to wait or stop the task manually.

Also switched the hardware acceleration off and on, deleted cache and started several times.
This is the situation on a very new pc with intel I5 chip, 500GB SSD and 16GB Ram ... all the rest of different programms, also Adobe, are runing fine. No known issues with any other program.

But - my older pc, already working, a Dell All in One model, has the same problem. Identical situation. A short period ago, i was able to render some videos ...

So i think, it is a basic issue with the current version of Rush?
My workaround is to use my MacBokk - there it works fine.

Thanks for your support,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem. Have used programme many times and has not been a problem until now. No changes to computer except may have installed Windows update in the intervening time.  Cant be sure of exact timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

what about the support for this software - which i pay for every month?

Mont later, it is again not working. Just a short video, a few jpg-grapfics and one text with animation from rush libriary ... nothing works. Deleting cache, disabling acceleration ...

Hey - how it is going on - version is the latest ...

Thanks for assistance!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I recently began using Rush on my machine with no problems.  All of a sudden all the problems described above are now affecting me.  Im a paid up subscriber to Rush Premium.  Rendering just locks out at the beginning of  sequence or in a simple render stitching together 4 clips it runs for 80% of the render then jams up dead.  The same issue occurs of not being able to shut down rush and have to crash it.  Ive tried deleting rush and reinstalling.  Didnt work.  I tried uninstalling rush and reinstalling older version.  Didnt work.  Ive tried converting .mov files to mp4 on other software and then putting those in Rush.  Didnt work.  Ive a limit to my wasted time (now days of non productivity and frustration) so at the point now to ditch Rush and the Adobe plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Looks like this is a very common problem and exactly related to the version or the computer resources. From my many trials I think the main culprit might be the graphics card, i.e., some drivers do not work well with Rush. My suggestion is that you try another version of your graphics card drivers.

But yes, this was supposed to be a basic tool that could be used on virtually all computers but if you are playing with 4K videos is already a big problem even if you have a decent computer. Hope one day Adobe makes it really easy to work with in terms of resources needed because there are other alternatives that work very well with 4K videos on the same computer (and 4K is now the standard).

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*I meant to say "and NOT exactly related to the version or the computer resources".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines