• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage: Where does Rush store its project and preview files on a PC?

Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat little program but..

Where does Ru store its project and preview files on a PC.

The tutorial tour does not go past Transitions.

Message was edited by: Moderator

TOPICS
Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Hi Ann,

Rush video previews are stored here: Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Managed Media\Adobe Premiere Rush Video Previews

I also want to know were the project file is stored.

The project file isn't stored the way Premiere Pro does it. The project is stored on the cloud and the project file database is located here locally: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Local Hub

Also if i want to save the file local it is always set to Document, it does not remember last setting.

Le

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sync with Creative Cloud lets you sync between multiple devices. The project is stored in Creative Cloud but the format of that data is very different than a standalone project file. Hence, you wouldn't find that in your Creative Cloud storage.

Thanks,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann!

Render files are saved in the default premiere Pro location ‘common’ Folder.

You can force render by going to the sequenced menu and select prepare Media for playback.

Let us know when you find it!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to force render

I only want to know were everything is stored.

Render files are saved in the default premiere Pro location ‘common’ Folder.

Can you give me the path there a more then one common folders.

I do not like render files on my C drive.

Dont seem to be able to delete them from the program

Also if i want to save the file local it is always set to Document, it does not remember last setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Rush video previews are stored here: Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Managed Media\Adobe Premiere Rush Video Previews

The project file isn't stored the way Premiere Pro does it. The project is stored on the cloud and the project file database is located here locally: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Team Projects Local Hub

Let me check what's going on there.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project must be somewhere on the computer as I have uncheck syncing to the cloud.

I check the cloud and they are nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync with Creative Cloud lets you sync between multiple devices. The project is stored in Creative Cloud but the format of that data is very different than a standalone project file. Hence, you wouldn't find that in your Creative Cloud storage.

Thanks,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Rush projects are supposed to be importable into premiere. If there's no workable standalone project file, how can that be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no need to reply, I've found the answer. Go to the home page of premiere pro and click on "open premiere rush project"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush projects do indeed easily import into Premiere.

My guess is when you create your project on your IOS device, and it gets stored in Creative Cloud, the playlist (edit) is invisibly meshed in with all the media that is also stored with that project in the Cloud.

When you click on Open Premiere Rush Project . . . on the splash page of Premiere Pro, it will open a panel that will show you all available Rush projects currently on the Cloud that you can open in Premiere.

Rush works on a different structural paradigm than Premiere, which makes it well suited (IMHO) for the target user and that user's purpose.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez_Khan:

Sorry I don't understand your question. how can we access the sync file in Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds so easy - and thanks for posting - but that folder doesn't exist. I see the managed media; but only two folders in there different titles, and both are empty. I honestly cannot find my project. I don't even know the extension to be able to do a *. search - even finding this info online is rather difficult 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deanne,

Sorry for the confusion, but there is no physical project file with Rush. It's a strange concept, but having project data stored in the cloud is how cloud computing and applications work in some cases. So, don't drive yourself crazy - there is no project file to find, per se.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then how do you upload it to an email or youtube? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> default0t6en36fta8p just posted in a community you follow.

> Re: Storage: Where does Rush store its project and preview files on a
> PC?

> then how do you upload it to an email or youtube?

I didn't, I gave up....

IIRC I ended up using Premier, much more functional.

This was a "one-off" project for me.

--
From an Island in the Pacific,
Richard James, Victoria, BC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no project file, then Adobe Premiere Rush must be creating something else because it does eat hard drive space. I have also searched for these "files" but I can't find them. It's as simple as this: I right click on my OS (C:) and then properties to see how much space I have left. Then after I create/work on a project on Rush I go back to check on my hard drive space and I have less space (sometimes at least 1GB less space). There might be no project file to find, but there must be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe Team, you are continuously writing that Rush projects are not the typical files, etc. etc., and they are stored in the cloud. What does it happen when my space in Creative Cloud (100GB) is full and I need more for my projects? I don't want to buy more space on CC, since I have plenty TB on Microsoft OneDrive. Thanks

Gabriele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save ONLY on my laptop and NOT on the cloud ? I prefer to have everything all on my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot save or backup projects manually and the auto-save refuses to work!? So we are stuck... renders the program pretty useless.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush/suggestions/36089848-add-save-as-optio...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush/auto-save-error-how-to-save-my-project/td-p/10175292 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing 'neat' about a little program that loses hours of work after resetting preferences as told because something wasn't working correctly.  Now all projects are removed from the start screen and can be found nowhere!!?  

Makes no sense.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Upgraded to Rush v2 and my locally stored projects have disappeared from the home screen. 25 projects gone. Adobe seem to be ignoring my help requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me also! Adobe what the hell are you playing at! THE worst software I've ever used of yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Rush, used Premier Pro bit it was a one-off project.

Not interested in "cloud storage"..... does not wirk with no access.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines