• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Audio and Video from separate sources

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need to use video of a person speaking and combing with audio captured from a lapel microphone and a separate file. 

Currently, it seems there is no way in Premiere Rush to sync audio and video captured from separate sources. It would be great if there was an easy way to address this problem. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Hey Charles! I agree that Premiere Pro could be a little easier to use in this instance, but just in case you don't have access to it: 

Here's how I'd do this in Rush.

1. Import the video file as well as the audio file from the lapel

2. Put the lapel audio onto the track beneath the video and audio. Move the audio clip around on your timeline to sync it the best you can!

3. Mute the audio on the top track. Here's a screenshot!

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 1.54.03 PM.png

Hope it helps.

Caroline 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there's no option to align waveforms in Rush.  If it's a different take, you're going to run into sync issues throughout the project anyway.  You're better off moving into PremierePro or Audition to finesse that matchup.... and even then, matching the two takes is not a simple feat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. 

Since Rush supports separate audio tracks and importing from different sources, this seems like a reasonable feature to include. Especially for the paid version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree Charles. At the very least, being able to "expand audio" on all audio sources would make it a lot easier. Right now it appears that one can only "expand audio" one source at a time. That makes it harder to align wave forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charles! I agree that Premiere Pro could be a little easier to use in this instance, but just in case you don't have access to it: 

Here's how I'd do this in Rush.

1. Import the video file as well as the audio file from the lapel

2. Put the lapel audio onto the track beneath the video and audio. Move the audio clip around on your timeline to sync it the best you can!

3. Mute the audio on the top track. Here's a screenshot!

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 1.54.03 PM.png

Hope it helps.

Caroline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that. Still something I would like to see on the development roadmap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

Thanks for sharing this approach. However, I agree with OP, looks like an essential feature to be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines