• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accordion or Tabbed Interactive on Page

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2017. I have the output of a sample that has an accordion or tabbed interactive on the page. When you touch a bar on the page, it expands and yuo can see additional text. When you touch another one, the previous bar closes and the new one expands. I don't know how else to explain this but I'm trying to figure out how to do this. I don't have the source files. Is this a widget or some feature in Robohelp that I can insert on my pages. I am trying to create a procedure manual and I like this design. Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

About the only thing that RoboHelp will offer for that is a Dynamic HTML Drop-down hotspot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picking up on Rick's suggestion, you can use images as the hotspot for a dropdown so I wonder if you could create something that way that is close to what you want?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick and Peter. I was hoping there was a widget or something that I could include.  I'll try your suggestions and circle back if I need additional help.

Thanks,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or to show us the beauty of what you have created?

It helps to show others what can be achieved.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let me play with it and see what I come up with. I'll post here when I get it done. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, I have a thought about how this may be accomplished using RoboHelp and no scripting.

Let's say you want five tabs. So you create an image of the five tabs.

Then you add Image Map hotspots to each tab.

You also will need to create five different HTML topics. One for each tab.

Then you would insert an Inline Frame into the topic with the image of the five tabs and size it accordingly.

Then all you would need to do is to configure each of your Image Map hotspots to point at the Inline Frame and target the desired topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to put this to the test.

After making it work, I recorded a video to demonstrate how it was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bless you!!! This is exactly what I was thinking of. Thanks you SOOO much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp