• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment does not show up in the properties window

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded an older project to robohelp 2020. When I put my cursor in my already numbered text, the alignment option does not show up in the properties window. Only if I type in new text. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are saying here. I think by "alignment option" you mean the ruler. 

Then do you mean the ruler in 2020 only works for new content, not upgraded content?

A screenshot might help. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to find the ruler. Do you know how to display that?

But when I have my cursor in the text, the alignment > does not display in the properties window on the right. So I can't change the alignement for the text or move it over one way or the other.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To view the ruler, click the View menu. 

To see where to change alignment you need to expand the menu options you see on the right. They cannot differ between old and new content so I'm still not sure on what you are seeing there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the tag hierarchy breadcrumbs in the top left of your screenshot, you can see that your cursor is inside a span tag. Span is an inline element, rather than a block element, so can't be aligned (imagine trying to align one word in the middle of a paragraph, rather than aligning the whole paragraph).

What you can do is click on the p tag in those breadcrumbs to select the paragraph, then the Alignment section will show up. You can also click outside to span, but sometimes that's impossible, depending on where the span tags are - so using the breadcrumbs is your best bet, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That was very helpful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just installed the latest RH 2020 update, to 4.173, I also cannot find the Alignment.  It seems to be gone.  Prior to this, I just selected the OL or LI tag in the breadcrumbs and could align things that way.  I no longer see that option in the right-hand menu.  I can't even recall where it was since I'm so new to RH 2020.  Did Adobe move or remove it?  Thanks.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please look in the Font section of the Content Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp