• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachment files not found in PDF Output

Participant ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding a PDF attachment to a number of the topics in RH 2019 project. I'm using the project as a single source for having HTML and PDF outputs. When clicking the attachment within the PDF, it shows that file not found. The attachment file is added locally on the project folders.

Is there another way to attach files to PDF output?

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please always specify New UI or Classic. I think you are on New UI but I cannot remember every version the everyone who comes here is using. 🙂

Your topics have PDFs attached. How have you attached them?

Then you create a PDF of the whole project, the pages of the whole project PDF show the attachments but the file is not found. Correct?

I am finding that while the project PDF and linked PDF are local, I get a warning that the project PDF is trying to access a local file. If I were to move the PDF it would change to cannot be found as the path would be wrong.

I don't think you can embed one PDF inside another but you can combine PDFs so that the linked ones appear at the end. They wouldn't be links though.

Maybe on some PDF forum someone can state whether what you want is possible.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scenario is as follows

1. I've a topic and clicked "insert link", then I picked a PDF file from a local folder.
2. Generated two outputs:
- Html: when clicking pdf link it opens normally in a new window
- PDD printed output: The PDF file shows the links but when clicking it, it shows file not found.

That's RH 2019 latest version. I had to remove the attachment part manually from PDF output as I'm already using another conditional tag for two different clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I added the PDF to the project Assets but it could be any folder in the Contents panel. Then I added it to the TOC and selected Hide in Output.

When I generated I got this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp